• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I've bought a few books off Brock since joining the boards. At one point, I had just missed a copy of ASM that sold. I posted disappointment and he reached out to me in a PM. Of course it was to make a deal, but he gave it to me at the same price as the book that had went and a little below GPA. He also gave me a month to pay.

Then I went looking for an ASM 129. I couldn't buy one outright and looked for a dealer who would give me time payments. Brock did and was flexible with me. He then came up to Baltimore last year and we had dinner. It was fun and I met his wife, mother in law, and baby daughter while he met my family. He also went ahead and gave me the ASM 129 while I still had two more payments to make.

When Brock got his first strike I defended him. While on his strike, he saw my comments. He went ahead and sent me a free copy of ASM 30 as a nice gesture for sticking up for him.

Cool books!

:ohnoez:

I've bought a few books off Brock since joining the boards. At one point, I had just missed a copy of ASM that sold. I posted disappointment and he reached out to me in a PM. Of course it was to make a deal, but he gave it to me at the same price as the book that had went and a little below GPA. He also gave me a month to pay.

Then I went looking for an ASM 129. I couldn't buy one outright and looked for a dealer who would give me time payments. Brock did and was flexible with me. He then came up to Baltimore last year and we had dinner. It was fun and I met his wife, mother in law, and baby daughter while he met my family. He also went ahead and gave me the ASM 129 while I still had two more payments to make.

When Brock got his first strike I defended him. While on his strike, he saw my comments. He went ahead and sent me a free copy of ASM 30 as a nice gesture for sticking up for him.

Cool books!

:ohnoez:

I am NOT paying you a royalty. :baiting:

And I think dancing on someones grave is in poor taste.

The dicey thing about this message board stuff is that in most cases you only know about a person from what they post. It's how it goes. You seem to take issue with me because of how I respond to him. Fine, that's your choice.

However, how about taking issue with the other person because of what caused me to make that comment? There's an action/reaction thing going on. You can't ignore one in favor of the other. Is it because he's a "good guy" in your eyes? What leads you to proclaim him to be a good guy because from what I've seen of his board presence I am of a different opinion.

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime,

As a recipient of some of the items he shipped as part of the donations I made for Beau's family, and after seeing how they were packed and shipped and how irreplaceable those items were, he should probably not add any information about that episode to his resume.

Ahhh. Well, I can't recall everything about that - I thought he was just shipping out Beau's Kareema Lou comics (that's what I got). Was there other stuff, too?

Yes, he shipped out Beau's Kareema Lou comics. I donated $100 to the family for 1 copy signed by Beau and one unsigned. They came in a thin paper envelope the exact size of the comic (no box, no real protection) with all 4 corners mashed and the books bent.

The book signed by Beau was to be a personal keepsake of a great guy, and it was shipped in the least safe way possible outside of slapping a stamp on the outside of the bag and board.

I almost blamed Pat Bollin for it because he's the one I sent the money to. Brock left his name off of the return address so I am sure people receiving the books had no way of knowing that it wasn't Pat that decided to ship them like that.

Given the emotion tied to the donation and the book I was getting back, I contacted Pat and told him I would have had no problem throwing in $5 to ship the books the right way, Pat had to explain to me he wasn't the one who shipped them.

I know I wasn't the only one who complained.

Brock is my favorite boardie and totally didn't deserve that strike.

On a totally unrelated note I'm still looking for a copy of Western Gunfighters #14 in 9.4 or better.

14543031516_b31f4308c9.jpg

Joking aside...

Brock does have strong opinions, but so do a lot of folks up here. I reviewed his posts and don't really see anything I deem overly strike worthy. That being said, (1) I'm not a mod and (2) some of his posts may/probably were scrubbed.

It is what it is. I do think making negative comments in sales threads is not cool (send it to PM). This is a lesson to all.

On a totally unrelated note I'm still looking for a copy of Western Gunfighters #14 in 9.4 or better.

:roflmao:

The dicey thing about this message board stuff is that in most cases you only know about a person from what they post. It's how it goes. You seem to take issue with me because of how I respond to him. Fine, that's your choice.

However, how about taking issue with the other person because of what caused me to make that comment? There's an action/reaction thing going on. You can't ignore one in favor of the other. Is it because he's a "good guy" in your eyes? What leads you to proclaim him to be a good guy because from what I've seen of his board presence I am of a different opinion.

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime,

As a recipient of some of the items he shipped as part of the donations I made for Beau's family, and after seeing how they were packed and shipped and how irreplaceable those items were, he should probably not add any information about that episode to his resume.

Ahhh. Well, I can't recall everything about that - I thought he was just shipping out Beau's Kareema Lou comics (that's what I got). Was there other stuff, too?

Yes, he shipped out Beau's Kareema Lou comics. I donated $100 to the family for 1 copy signed by Beau and one unsigned. They came in a thin paper envelope the exact size of the comic (no box, no real protection) with all 4 corners mashed and the books bent.

The book signed by Beau was to be a personal keepsake of a great guy, and it was shipped in the least safe way possible outside of slapping a stamp on the outside of the bag and board.

I almost blamed Pat Bollin for it because he's the one I sent the money to. Brock left his name off of the return address so I am sure people receiving the books had no way of knowing that it wasn't Pat that decided to ship them like that.

Given the emotion tied to the donation and the book I was getting back, I contacted Pat and told him I would have had no problem throwing in $5 to ship the books the right way, Pat had to explain to me he wasn't the one who shipped them.

:(

That's how I got mine (mine was unsigned) and I didn't really give much thought because mine miraculously arrived basically undamaged. That's unfortunate they were all that way, especially the signed ones which were definitely unique (I got a PM from a boardie who basically said the same thing you did, Chris).

That's all I can really say. I see both sides of the issue here.

14543031516_b31f4308c9.jpg

Joking aside...

Brock does have strong opinions, but so do a lot of folks up here. I reviewed his posts and don't really see anything I deem overly strike worthy. That being said, (1) I'm not a mod and (2) some of his posts may/probably were scrubbed.

It is what it is. I do think making negative comments in sales threads is not cool (send it to PM). This is a lesson to all.

And remember, this is a lesson that he hasn't learned well, this being his third strike for the same infraction.

That's what cool books are all about :applause:

Let us know what you get this time! :popcorn:

lol

lol

THAT...made me laugh. lol

Thank you.