• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I just think Brock has got some of his social handicaps like we all do and certain personalities just rub each other the wrong way.

We call them social "special challenges" now.

We all have them. :baiting:

True. Mods used to give me strikes for posting up pictures of hot women, something everyone hated. I've since corrected my prurient behavior for the betterment and adequately-clothed society.

I know I've changed over my 10 year membership here. I hope for the better.

You're still a loser

Brock is a nice enough guy in person, and I don't say that because I've bought something from him or sold him anything. The business we've done is negligible in the greater picture. I'm just basing that on the fact that we've hung out with him a few times.

Online, people edit themselves differently than they do face to face and sometimes people (much like myself) don't even realize how their written word might be perceived differently than their spoken word by others.

It seems like many of the issues people have with him are based in actions, or patterns of posting that expose certain flaws in his character, like the threadkrapping or the way he handled that ebay transaction that he started a thread on.

I don't know him and have never even exchanged posts with him here, so I don't know what his deal is, positive or negative. But based on other people's perceptions, you might consider that you have it backwards; it might not be the case that he has a problem communicating online, but rather, that he's really good at keeping it together in face to face interactions, but that his character comes out on here.

Again, not saying definitively that this is the case, but we tend to assume that the online persona isn't real, and the in-person one is, when it can very easily be the other way around.

I'm actually funny in person.

Brock attempted to :takeit: in one of amnesiac's recent sales threads and was completely shot down and denied much to the delight of several onlookers I'm sure. But Brock didn't reply and restrained himself. He definitely has an issue at times with lack of a filter, but many here do, myself included. I guess I missed this latest infraction.

Link.

More trouble in the modern section?

I'm shocked. :eyeroll:

Excuse the noobness but what's the punishment for 3 strikes?

3 week suspension

v49f0y.gif

3 week suspension and a nutpunch?

3 weeks as greggy's manservant.

That'll learn them! :sumo:

Brock is a nice enough guy in person, and I don't say that because I've bought something from him or sold him anything. The business we've done is negligible in the greater picture. I'm just basing that on the fact that we've hung out with him a few times.

Online, people edit themselves differently than they do face to face and sometimes people (much like myself) don't even realize how their written word might be perceived differently than their spoken word by others.

It seems like many of the issues people have with him are based in actions, or patterns of posting that expose certain flaws in his character, like the threadkrapping or the way he handled that ebay transaction that he started a thread on.

I don't know him and have never even exchanged posts with him here, so I don't know what his deal is, positive or negative. But based on other people's perceptions, you might consider that you have it backwards; it might not be the case that he has a problem communicating online, but rather, that he's really good at keeping it together in face to face interactions, but that his character comes out on here.

Again, not saying definitively that this is the case, but we tend to assume that the online persona isn't real, and the in-person one is, when it can very easily be the other way around.

Look! You made a funny!

Update on the strike system:

Within the last 12 months:

Strike 1 - one week suspension

Strike 2 - two week suspension

Strike 3 - one month suspension

Strike 4 - permanent ban

What happened? LInk?

I'm looking, but I'd put good money his comments were removed. Before my strike, they removed everything I'd posted for like the last 24 hours. It made it very difficult to figure out what I said that caused my strike and of course CGCMod0 still hasn't answered my question

The mods are instructed not to interact with members, so you'll never get an answer unless you appeal to their superiors.

This is something I didn't know. I have been "interacted with" by Mod0.

In general, non-interaction with members should extend to ALL interaction, which includes posting in threads for non-moderation reasons.

I just think Brock has got some of his social handicaps like we all do and certain personalities just rub each other the wrong way.

We call them social "special challenges" now.

We all have them. :baiting:

True. Mods used to give me strikes for posting up pictures of hot women, something everyone hated. I've since corrected my prurient behavior for the betterment and adequately-clothed society.

I know I've changed over my 10 year membership here. I hope for the better.

Your username was better back then.

Look! You made a funny!

The lines have been blurred! :ohnoez:

A well deserved strike for the third time.

I can't understand someone who has a business of dealing in comics and can't even behave properly on an Internet forum! doh! Makes you wonder how he acts outside of the forum hm

It's your business to connect and make customers...instead he drives away people and has the opposite tact.

Good riddance

I do not think "sit back and watch" means what you think it means.

I do not think "sit back and watch" means what you think it means.

I thought he was on his couch?

Couch Tour is over. :headbang:

received multiple PMs from a handful of users to be careful what I say to you.

I'm glad you admitted this publicly. This is not aimed at you, so don't take it personally. I am simply using your admission as a platform to discuss one of the most poisonous aspects of this (and any) message board: PM slander disguised as "warning."

I would like to ask you, and everyone who has received one of these "warning" PMs from others this: instead of simply accepting the information at face value, why not question the motives of the person sending it? Even if it seems to confirm your own opinion and experience, why let someone else's opinion influence how you view someone? I have many friends who are also friends with people who can't stand me. I don't tell them they shouldn't have those friends, or cut them off because of it...how much less should a stranger's "helpful warning" be considered?

What SHOULD be done is to think "now, why is Person X sending me this PM? Is it because they are genuinely concerned about me and my well-being? Or is it simply because they don't like the person they are "warning" me about, and wish to damage their reputation in any way they possibly can?"

The person willing to "warn" another member privately...out of "concern". mind...should be the first suspect.

It's pure poison, and it has done serious, severe damage on these boards, to many, many people.

To those who have sent, and continue to send such PMs: Shame on you. YOU are the poison on these boards. Mind your own business, and let others decide for themselves how they should, and should not, interact with others.

And to those of you who receive such PMs, always ask yourself why...and then tell that person "thanks, but I don't need my hand held. I'm smart enough to make up my own mind about who, and who I do not, deal with, and how. Thanks."

Something else that needs to be discussed:

It is a great error to think that just because someone sells you things at a "good price", or even gives you things, that that therefore means they are a "good person."

Business is business. Someone who desires your business is going to say and do things that cultivate that business, utterly and completely regardless of what they think about you personally.

My (always unsolicited) advice to everyone: good packing, quick shipping, "cool books", great customer service...these are BUSINESS traits, NOT personality traits. It is simply good BUSINESS to do these things. And, frankly, it should be expected, not considered a bonus, when these things meet the customer's satisfaction.

Do not mistake good BUSINESS practice with PERSONAL character, integrity, decency, and class. Those things are determined by what a person does when they DON'T have something to gain.

It's an important distinction that is lost, and people end up bribed...even without their knowledge...by the "gifts" of others that come with strings they aren't even aware of.

I am not making a comment either way about this particular situation; this is a general comment.