• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I don't know...it all seems easy to me. I've done my share of business on here, and it ain't that hard.

It shouldn't be, but apparently it is lately. (shrug)

I know it sounds crazy, but it's almost as if some comic book collectors on internet forums lack social skills.

brucewillisdoubletake.gif

Why can't everyone just be polite when trying to conduct business on here? It's not that freaking hard.

I think some respond to BS they perceive on the other side:

"What's the grade?" "Look at the photo for grade - grading is subjective." And...., the photos are tiny.

"I guess there is no interest, so I'll move them to eBay" Good luck on that one if you can't grade.

"Maybe I should CGC these and make even more money" Good luck with that one if you can't grade.

"Yeah, send them to CGC." "But I was just trying to save folks money" On books with no grade and far away photos of the items.

I like....

" This should have been a 9.8

Figured I'd offer it here before resubbing it."

:insane:

I've got my sympathies for Columbia Comics and GIJOEISAWESOME but it's not worth getting wound up about. I've been encountering time wasters and tools who don't reply to offers since I first started replying to WTBs years ago and there're always going to be some here.

What I've noticed is that they've nearly all faded away after a while and they're far outweighed by some of the excellent people who I've started dealing with starting from a WTB. Yeah, the tools are annoying but once they've wasted your time once, it's easy enough to avoid them going forward.

You people, I swear!!! :facepalm:

What kind of loser gets worked up on a comic message board to the point of getting a strike???

Or three? :whistle:

Captain Caffeine!!! :hi:

lol

I understand GIJOEISANGRY's frustration, I've had that happen, too.

He got Thirdgreenham's dander up. That is hard to do.

My hackles got up, but my dander stayed right in place.

lol

I understand GIJOEISANGRY's frustration, I've had that happen, too.

He got Thirdgreenham's dander up. That is hard to do.

My hackles got up, but my dander stayed right in place.

Perfectly coiffed!

What kind of loser gets worked up on a comic message board to the point of getting a strike???

Suck it Jason

I've got my sympathies for Columbia Comics and GIJOEISAWESOME but it's not worth getting wound up about. I've been encountering time wasters and tools who don't reply to offers since I first started replying to WTBs years ago and there're always going to be some here.

What I've noticed is that they've nearly all faded away after a while and they're far outweighed by some of the excellent people who I've started dealing with starting from a WTB. Yeah, the tools are annoying but once they've wasted your time once, it's easy enough to avoid them going forward.

Spoken with the clarity and common sense of the true country gentleman!! :applause:

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

+1 I've done a lot of business with Brock and even met him at Baltimore this year. He's a great guy and this doesn't change anything here. I always contact him first when I'm looking for a book and he usually comes through.

I'm sure whatever was said was in an attempt to serve the community and may have just come across odd. Also seems like the Mods try to make an example out of people sometimes.

Suck it Jason

I approve this message :banana:

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

+1 I've done a lot of business with Brock and even met him at Baltimore this year. He's a great guy and this doesn't change anything here. I always contact him first when I'm looking for a book and he usually comes through.

I'm sure whatever was said was in an attempt to serve the community and may have just come across odd. Also seems like the Mods try to make an example out of people sometimes.

This isn't Brock's first time disrupting a sales thread, however tamely. Maybe the mods just got tired of it, or felt their warnings, if any, weren't be heard.

Suck it Jason

As do I! :cloud9:

I remember the noob days when I couldn't even warrant a "suck it!" From greggy. Finally earned the "suck it Sufunk" and now Ive graduated to "suck it Jason"! :luhv:

This isn't Brock's first time disrupting a sales thread, however tamely. Maybe the mods just got tired of it, or felt their warnings, if any, weren't be heard.

Guess I don't pay attention to the sales threads as well as some.

Still doesn't change my opinion of Brock though. (thumbs u

Who are you again? :baiting:

I remember the noob days when I couldn't even warrant a "suck it!" From greggy. Finally earned the "suck it Sufunk" and now Ive graduated to "suck it Jason"! :luhv:

I have to admit the tinyest bit of desire for Greggy to single me out and tell me to "suck it". I put it somewhere between getting picked for Duck Duck Goose and seeing side boob on live TV programming.

Who are you again? :baiting:

None of your business :sumo:

Suck it Jason

As do I! :cloud9:

:gossip: He's getting old, he now calls everybody "Jason".