• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Sometimes I do not think it is a consistency issue. I believe it all has to do with the button hump. If no one is offended by the post then there is no reason for a mod to conduct an investigation into the matter. If someone is offended or claim that a post is in violation of the rules, they hump the button and the mod renders a decision.

I am sure though that once someone is off strike that the mods check in from time to time to see if a lesson was learned and look to see if their is any overt behavior offensive to guidelines.

No, it's definitely inconsistency. This moderation team makes many decisions based on how they feel about the poster(s) involved, rather than adhering to a standard set of rules that is just and treats everyone impartially.

How else do you explain the fact that one member can call another member a "first class buffoon" and a "mess-stick", have the post be reported (many weeks ago), and yet not removed? Whomever it was on the moderation team decided that was an acceptable post, and so it remains to this day, despite being about as clear and blatant a violation of the board's "rules" as anything.

lol

Is RMA referring to you? That sounds like your lingo. I am going to try and work in "mess-stick" into a sentence today. lol

Sometimes I do not think it is a consistency issue. I believe it all has to do with the button hump. If no one is offended by the post then there is no reason for a mod to conduct an investigation into the matter. If someone is offended or claim that a post is in violation of the rules, they hump the button and the mod renders a decision.

I am sure though that once someone is off strike that the mods check in from time to time to see if a lesson was learned and look to see if their is any overt behavior offensive to guidelines.

No, it's definitely inconsistency. This moderation team makes many decisions based on how they feel about the poster(s) involved, rather than adhering to a standard set of rules that is just and treats everyone impartially.

How else do you explain the fact that one member can call another member a "first class buffoon" and a "mess-stick", have the post be reported (many weeks ago), and yet not removed? Whomever it was on the moderation team decided that was an acceptable post, and so it remains to this day, despite being about as clear and blatant a violation of the board's "rules" as anything.

lol

I suppose the mods did act inconsistently there. But the insultee had just finished attributing the suicide of Contarino to the CGC boards. So maybe that's a recognized exception?

Link to what happened? I'd like to see what mods are considering thread derailment

Check out basically every sales thread he posts in. If he's not selling or buying, he's derailing.

^^

He rarely has anything nice to say and is mostly condescending.

That describes the majority of posters with over 5000 posts, so clearly that is not a reason for a strike.

He does hook up boardies with comics. That goes a long way towards general acceptance here.

+1

Brock is solid, he helps people out and is a good boardie - who now has a really cool nickname.

Disagree. He has a decent side (I hear) and a toolish side, which he doesn't seem to try to keep in check.

lol

I suppose the mods did act inconsistently there. But the insultee had just finished attributing the suicide of Contarino to the CGC boards. So maybe that's a recognized exception?

If we're really going to bring up a list of times the mods have been inconsistent I can think of more than a few.

While not talked about like the FS threads, this is one that I was on the fence about:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7355650#Post7355650

:whatthe: Good lord, what a tool this fella can be!

But then the OP purchased the book from him.

hm

"Codependency purchases" are the new marketing method?

:o

While not talked about like the FS threads, this is one that I was on the fence about:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7355650#Post7355650

But then the OP purchased the book from him.

hm

"Codependency purchases" are the new marketing method?

:o

lol Life is infinitely complicated and ridiculous.

Link to what happened? I'd like to see what mods are considering thread derailment

Check out basically every sales thread he posts in. If he's not selling or buying, he's derailing.

^^

That describes the majority of posters with over 5000 posts, so clearly that is not a reason for a strike.

He does hook up boardies with comics. That goes a long way towards general acceptance here.

+1

Brock is solid, he helps people out and is a good boardie - who now has a really cool nickname.

If he's really threadcrapping in sales threads, not sure how he's good boardie. At least in that regard

lol

Is RMA referring to you? That sounds like your lingo. I am going to try and work in "mess-stick" into a sentence today. lol

No it was F_T. I instantly knew the quote. I just find it funny because RockMyAmadeus has posted frequently that no one should ever let another person's words affect them. :ohnoez:

This is to no one in particular... reminds me of a story.

I don't want whoever has the misfortune of being above this post to think I am talking about them.

I remember an individual complaining to my friend once that the individual had just been called an individual_without_enough_empathy. Once this individual was finished with his ranting and raving. My friend asked him but one question. "Were you being an individual_without_enough_empathy." The individual replied, "Yes". Well then, he was not attacking you, he was making an observation.

I have used that myself a few times when called out on labeling someone as a thief, a liar and a cheat. Did they steal, lie and cheat? If yes then I am making an observation as to what they did.

^^

+1

+1

Brock can be toolish, but we all can lol - I've done a few deals with Brock and he's been cool with me. I know he's probably really pizzed over the (2nd) strike.

Brock can be toolish, but we all can lol - I've done a few deals with Brock and he's been cool with me. I know he's probably really pizzed over the (2nd) strike.

I believe I am allowed to confirm that.

This is to no one in particular... reminds me of a story.

I don't want whoever has the misfortune of being above this post to think I am talking about them.

I remember an individual complaining to my friend once that the individual had just been called an individual_without_enough_empathy. Once this individual was finished with his ranting and raving. My friend asked him but one question. "Were you being an individual_without_enough_empathy." The individual replied, "Yes". Well then, he was not attacking you, he was making an observation.

I have used that myself a few times when called out on labeling someone as a thief, a liar and a cheat. Did they steal, lie and cheat? If yes then I am making an observation as to what they did.

I learned real fast to grow a thicker skin on here. Gotta let some things roll off your back and the penguins need to let the game be played without a whistle or flag sometimes. 2c

Really? I thought that was pretty benign and it sounds like he ended up selling the guy a book…

It sure is curious how some people can get away with the same mess and no one bats an eye…

^^

hm

-slym