• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

If the mods are not applying rules evenly...

Does this mean that the Locked Thread Points Challenge is fixed and the Mods play us like Fantasy Football?

mess kids, If I was on the moderation team, I would draft forum members on my own fantasy team and gauge a year's worth of progress centered around a point system based on posts, threads started, LTPC and strikes.

Heeeeeeeeey.... :idea:

Who would go first overall? hm

We are all just part of tiny online universes that are trapped inside marbles that gigantic moderators play with like at the end of Men In Black.

Link to what happened? I'd like to see what mods are considering thread derailment

Check out basically every sales thread he posts in. If he's not selling or buying, he's derailing.

^^

He rarely has anything nice to say and is mostly condescending.

That describes the majority of posters with over 5000 posts, so clearly that is not a reason for a strike.

Hey Swick, add this to the n00b guide, "All 5,000+ posters are dbags"

what about folks that have more than 10K?

10k= Dbag silver

30k= Dbag gold

50k= Dbag platinum

100k+ = King of all Dbags

If the mods are not applying rules evenly...

Does this mean that the Locked Thread Points Challenge is fixed and the Mods play us like Fantasy Football?

mess kids, If I was on the moderation team, I would draft forum members on my own fantasy team and gauge a year's worth of progress centered around a point system based on posts, threads started, LTPC and strikes.

Heeeeeeeeey.... :idea:

Who would go first overall? hm

I'd say Slym, but he doesn't get strikes.

We could make it more like Fantasy Hockey. The categories would lend themselves to the game. Goals could be posts, threads locked could be plus/minus.

There is some promise here… and a lot of work for someone.

I've yet to see a strike that wasn't deserved. All this crying about consistency is lame. It's their boards...they can do what they want. If you don't like the forum or how CGC grades...leave. Jeez.

What you fail to realize is that no one would have a problem if it was "their board, their rules" if they simply stated that. The problem is having a clearly structured set of rules...and then ignoring them.

You yourself have a history on these very boards of loudly complaining when you feel you have been treated unjustly...why, then, do you denigrate others if they do the same?

PS. It's not "their" boards. The boards belong to the Certified Collectibles Group.

Why do you respond to me when you have me on ignore. (shrug)

Seriously, I don't get it. I have a few on ignore here and I don't even look at their posts. I move right on by. I don't know why you have me on ignore hm

And I get your point but it's an argument that falls on deaf ears. It is the way it is. Comply or move on.

I've yet to see a strike where the poster was innocent.

You have the members who genuinely believe that they did not deserve their strikes; that's because they lack the ability to see themselves. These members are usually characterized by their criticism of the system being unfair and unjust and never admitting wrongdoing. They believe that because others do similar things, their actions are acceptable and shouldn't be punished.

:gossip: Stop being a martyr and realize there is a reason that the mods don't like certain members. You think it's because you wear funny clothes, or you have a tangy yeast smell? While clearly perfectly acceptable reasons, it's most likely because you are a bigger d bag than most and make their job more difficult.

You have yet to see a strike where the poster was innocent because you have only been here a little over three years, and you like to believe that everyone is as difficult as you.

There are people who have gotten strikes who did not deserve them.

Mr. Diggler got a strike for "nipplage" in a sigline picture, which would have stood if not for the outcry from the boards to look again. After review, the strike was removed, but it still happened.

And while that was a mistake, there are people who have gotten "behavior" strikes who did not deserve them.

Do most people who get strikes deserve them? Yes. Does everyone? A resounding no. And do many, many people who deserve strikes (based solely on the criteria of what behavior is actually struck) get them? Also a resounding no.

"Not liking certain members" is no justification for inconsistent enforcement of any rules, in any society. The responsibility that comes with authority is to apply the rules to everyone, impartially, or there is no point in having "rules" in the first place. You know..."with great power" and whatnot...?

The rampant miscarriage of justice must have occurred prior to my membership.

Your point about not having arbitrary enforcement of laws(rules) is 100% valid, in reality. On this internet chat forum there are rules so as to not have complete chaos, so that other members who respect this community will self regulate and finally to give CGC justification to strike down or ban whomever they please.

This is a business, this is not an altruistic endeavor, profit is the motivator. Goodwill doesn't pay for these boards, money does.

I've yet to see a strike that wasn't deserved. All this crying about consistency is lame. It's their boards...they can do what they want. If you don't like the forum or how CGC grades...leave. Jeez.

A lot of board members have done just that. It has really been noticeable over the last year and a half. I know it has been said before, but this place really is a shell of what it used to be.

I have noticed you posting less in the last 18 months. I just figured it was because you were working on your figure skating routine for Sochi. (shrug)

A lot of board members have done just that. It has really been noticeable over the last year and a half. I know it has been said before, but this place really is a shell of what it used to be.

I have noticed you posting less in the last 18 months. I just figured it was because you were working on your figure skating routine for Sochi. (shrug)

If I could figure skate well enough to be in Sochi, I wouldn't be hanging out here. That's for damn sure.

Moderating sucks. Administrating moderators sucks more because they either take the law in to their own hands, or need to be reminded of what the rules are. On a daily basis.

So the rules are there, and there are going to be mods who see a black and white slate, while others see every shade from grey to fantastic purpleish white thingy.

I am sure the mods only part of this forum is LOADED with snippets of complete random posts, and vague discussions on how to handle situations. Not to mention plots of world domination through origami ducks and what to name new types of salad dressing.

Life's a journey, not a destination.

If I could figure skate well enough to be in Sochi, I wouldn't be hanging out here. That's for damn sure.

As much as I'd like to see you skating in Sochi, I'm happy to have you here.

Perhaps the most important and most overlooked part of Arch's moderation explanation is this:

"Take a deep breath and enjoy your comics."

A shame that the most constant posters can't.

It's really easy to do that for many....

....until the mods get involved.

Lots of people, taking nice, easy breaths, enjoying their comics just fine...until some mod steps in, misunderstands something, and makes a pile of it.

Cause? Effect? You decide.