• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I wonder how many boardees have never gotten a strike, or a wrist slap? hm

Quite a few. Maybe a better question would be how many board members never had either of them happen. :hi:

:hi:

I went 6.5 years with nary a strike here.

Then, 3 in one month. The first one was well deserved (and overdue), because I was being a condescending, over-the-top blowhard.

The second was punitive, given while the first strike was still in effect, which is a violation of this board's policy on strikes being corrective, rather than punitive.

The third was because someone lied about me and my business, I called them on it, it went back and forth, and Architecht threw us both out.

Then, I recently got a strike for sternly telling Mod0 that she had wildly misinterpreted a meme, and that threatening members before hearing their side is inappropriate for one with her power. She absolutely deserved it. The mods are not above their rules. I proudly bear that one.

:whee:

Being 5 days short of my 12th anniversary here, there's no way I am jinxing myself and answering that. (tsk)

Being 5 days short of my 12th anniversary here, there's no way I am jinxing myself and answering that. (tsk)

Do it! Do it! :baiting:

Do it!!! :baiting:

I double-dog dare you :devil:

A wrist slap for posting a PM??

Wow. I remember when a boardie posted an entire PM conversation to get someone else a strike...and it worked.

So what was this terrible thing that solarcadet1 posted?

I've seen plenty of bigoted and hateful posts go unpunished on here before.

It referred to self-gratification. It was phrased in an icky way.

If it didn't involve cockleburrs, it wasn't even close to the most outrageous of all time.

Those were the days.

:cloud9:

That approach would go a long way towards making the boards a better place. Trolls and troublemakers want the attention. Ignore them and deny them an audience.

However, that's not the way it works on message boards ;)

If this forum started chucking people for being troublemakers (whatever that definition is), at least half this place would be gone. But I guess that comes down to who is defining 'troublemaker', right?

:baiting:

What Jeffro was responding to was shunning, not chucking. Banning people is not the answer, and never is. Shunning simply means ignoring them, and having nothing to do with them, until they improve their behavior.

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Solarcadet made his bed by lying about his father's death as a Vietnam vet from Agent Orange, and then laughed about it as his 'odd humor' when it was caught. The majority of the more active board members are very well aware of this, and will avoid dealing with him. He'll do his own strike damage just by continuing to antagonize with his taunts of never going away.