• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hake's Auction - Perez Marvel's Two-In-One

10 posts in this topic

Not sure if many were watching this auction but the Perez cover to Marvel Two-In-One issue 51 sold for $25,370 ???

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=209&ItemNo=122436

This seems incredibly high for a piece I would have rated between $10K to $12K at best and even Hake's estimation was $2000 to $5000.

Doesn't make sense to me unless Perez is now on the rise?

002_big.jpg

it is a really cool cover, i think. iconic images of the characters and a fun story albeit in a one-shot tyoe setting. obviously, the winner has a real fondness for the image/story. i would agree with you that 25k was a bit on the high side but to each his own.

Impressive sale for sure...maybe they have some fresh buyers?

In any case, that cover has Ms. Marvel, Thing, WonderMan and Beast....4 of my favorites...if you want those on a cover by a Byrne or Perez, not sure you have many choices

It's a memorable issue from my misspent youth but that seems way over any estimate I'd have guessed. Like many auctions houses I think Hake's estimate was pretty low but still. Clearly there had to be at least two motivated buyers to achieve this.

Not sure if many were watching this auction but the Perez cover to Marvel Two-In-One issue 51 sold for $25,370 ???

This seems incredibly high for a piece I would have rated between $10K to $12K at best and even Hake's estimation was $2000 to $5000.

I think the buyer thought the pre-sale estimate was $2000 to $5000 per character on the cover. :P

Anyway, at that price you have to assume that the cover is right in the nostalgic sweet spot for a couple of bidders. I mean, for the sale price to almost match the that of the 2nd ever Krazy Kat Sunday in the same auction is pretty ridiculous...kind of like the ASM #328 cover selling for almost double McSpidey #1.

I think the buyer thought the pre-sale estimate was $2000 to $5000 per character on the cover. :P

Anyway, at that price you have to assume that the cover is right in the nostalgic sweet spot for a couple of bidders. I mean, for the sale price to almost match the that of the 2nd ever Krazy Kat Sunday in the same auction is pretty ridiculous...kind of like the ASM #328 cover selling for almost double McSpidey #1.

That had me a bit surprised as well

Yes I was watching it and Yes that is uber aggressive and into Perez Avengers territory. But, as someone here posted, two tangoed, then the extra 10K is not hard to see in a short bidding war.