• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cal's on timeout???!!?!!

204 posts in this topic

If I had to guess, I would say that CAL suspends himself for a few months, and then comes back. He has been known to do that from time to time.

It will give him time to go dig out his hoard of AF15's and other treasures.

I'm surprised it actually worked.

Well if the options were to a) waste money getting a lawyer or b) just letting the guy back in [man that is pathetic :facepalm: ] them I sure they went with the path of least resistance.

I'm sure eBay already has lawyers (shrug)

And I'm sure they charge more than your average lawyer. Still costs money.

I would have imagined they're on salary and constantly litigating over petty little things.

Surpised he isn't banned
He'll just sue to get reinstated like he did on the eBay boards. meh

Did that really happen? That's effin' hilarious if it did. lol

Oh, it happened. There's a bunch of people from the old Ebay Live board that can attest to that.

There's, like, three! Y'all are old and droppin' like flies!! lol

I could round up a dozen of them in no time flat :)

But re-reading the post, I want to point out that he sued Ebay, and not the Ebay boards specifically.

I never saw any proof that he "sued" eBay, we just know he came back and said he took legal action, it could have been having someone call or it could have been a timed suspension.

Personally, except for that last 9.4 thread (which made no sense) and his junk about Notsure's house (after he was assured many times it DID burn down)...I thought he's been much calmer.

Perhaps he saw Game of Thrones a few too many times.

I never saw any proof that he "sued" eBay, we just know he came back and said he took legal action, it could have been having someone call or it could have been a timed suspension.
Thanks for the clarification, Sharon. (thumbs u

Personally, except for that last 9.4 thread (which made no sense) and his junk about Notsure's house (after he was assured many times it DID burn down)...I thought he's been much calmer.

:o Her house burnt down?

Quite a while ago.

Stop taking weeks off :makepoint:

Quite a while ago.

Stop taking weeks off :makepoint:

:sorry:

Surpised he isn't banned

Oh, it happened. There's a bunch of people from the old Ebay Live board that can attest to that.

But re-reading the post, I want to point out that he sued Ebay, and not the Ebay boards specifically.

Here's one of his quotes I was thinking of: "So I did take it to the Courts. They made me go through so many hoops I can't remember them all now, but nevertheless I was re-instated."

Surpised he isn't banned

Here's one of his quotes I was thinking of: "So I did take it to the Courts. They made me go through so many hoops I can't remember them all now, but nevertheless I was re-instated."

To which I would have replied, "Oh lucky us."

Chances he starts a thread about how CGC has no idea what they are doing, and have sided with the "anti CGCers."

100% chance it gets locked or poofed. That's for sure.

Maybe instead of offering to buy the forum he'll just offer to buy CGC next time, since it's being ran by anti-CGCers now.

If I had to guess, I would say that CAL suspends himself for a few months, and then comes back. He has been known to do that from time to time.

It will give him time to go dig out his hoard of AF15's and other treasures.

I wonder if he'll ever find that CGC IMSM 9.8, oh, right, he doesn't have one.

(:

-slym

I guess this is a new approach. When I received my strike the previous week, someone went in and changed all three radio buttons to "No" under preferences.

zIZLwcU.jpg

So I guess if CAL is tracking any threads, or maintaining any PM conversations, he may not be receiving alerts.

CGGMOD0 works in mysterious ways.

I've seen Cal with a TOS 39 3.5, a IM #1 9.4 and an IMSM 1 9.6. I'm having a lot of difficulty with the "1.5M in sales over 15 yrs" statement.

True, he could hit those sales numbers with those lower tier books but that would have to be a lot of sales. I can only recall over the last 3 years on the boards, sporadic advertising of such books.

His ebay sales feedback does suggest that type of volume either. (shrug)

( I checked his feedback over the last 5 months and the only significant sales were the TOS 39 3.5 and a $400 sale of SS1 )

I guess this is a new approach. When I received my strike the previous week, someone went in and changed all three radio buttons to "No" under preferences.

zIZLwcU.jpg

So I guess if CAL is tracking any threads, or maintaining any PM conversations, he may not be receiving alerts.

CGGMOD0 works in mysterious ways.

Yeah, I thought you had did that yourself. I noticed it as I had a question about something and figured you turned them off for the time being.

Yeah, I thought you had did that yourself. I noticed it as I had a question about something and figured you turned them off for the time being.

Nope. That was a gift provided free.

:P

lol

Nope. That was a gift provided free.

:P

lol

There seems to be quite a bit of ninja gardening of threads lately. I noticed that some of the things I posted were deleted. Some I guess I understand why, others I have no idea why.

I am pretty sure that a post I made about the authenticity of an item perhaps being real and my loss of a Steiner certification of a Jeter auto' bat was poofed. Why?! I have no idea. Yankee haters?

Either way... there seems to be some amusing things going on as of late.