• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preservation and Longevity of comics

45 posts in this topic

Aren't you the one who posted 5,230 replies to yourself in a "Testing" thread?

Not 5,230. but yes I experimented with a testing thread.

Why won't you tell me what you needed to test 5000+ times? :pullhair:

Was this ever resolved?

:popcorn:

Sure, but no.

Maybe if you post the question +4,000 times you might get the answer you're looking for...

:idea:

I will start a test thread just for that!

:grin:

-slym

Humidity? My my books are in my bedroom in open top bins on a multi unit shelving thingamadoo.... and my gf likes to sleep with the windows open in the summer. And fall. oh, and spring. Ah, ya and winter.

Humidity. HA! I'm more concerned with my books having freezer burn.

...also frostbite on my jiggly bits is a worry.

+1

I live in Montana. We have very little humidity. I keep my books in the basement, which stays around 65-72 degrees year round.

You're lucky. I'm in Southern Ontario, CA, and this past summer the humidex was like 44% I had the A/C on but my books were towelling themselves off in the corner.

Interesting... I've been wondering about putting hippo packs or something inbetween my comics boxes etc... I live in the sub tropics & am heading into wet season... Usually cardboard etc gets a bit floppy when the humidity gets up... So far my books have survived though!

Humidity? My my books are in my bedroom in open top bins on a multi unit shelving thingamadoo.... and my gf likes to sleep with the windows open in the summer. And fall. oh, and spring. Ah, ya and winter.

+1

I live in Montana. We have very little humidity. I keep my books in the basement, which stays around 65-72 degrees year round.

You're lucky. I'm in Southern Ontario, CA, and this past summer the humidex was like 44% I had the A/C on but my books were towelling themselves off in the corner.

44%? That's a darn dry day in the Southern USA.

;)

-slym

+1

44%? That's a darn dry day in the Southern USA.

;)

-slym

:idea: Potential selling point! "Collection from low-humidity environment!"