• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to track down some Alien and Predator OA

16 posts in this topic

Hey there. I have hunted around on google and ebay to try to find some decent Alien, Predator, or Alien vs. Predator OA without much luck. I found one page on Anthony's, but not much else. Has it been snatched up, or have I just not found the right place to look?

I am new to collecting OA and I really enjoyed reading the Alien and Predator comics 10 or so years back. I would love to get my hands on a nice page.

are you looking for just the original series or any incarnation of it?

I was looking for the original series (for all 3) for the longest time and had no luck.

Mark Nelson showed up at SD a few years ago and a bunch of pages were sold. I think one person ended up with most of them (search CAF)

Predator art I haven't seen too much, I was able to get a plain interior page but that's all I have seen.

I also haven't seen AvP pages from the original pages either, sorry!

Malvin

I had some and kept what I wanted. I was able to get mine from Andy back in the day. Spencer Beck might be the best option as he represents them.

Best,

Ray

I'll check out Spencer Beck, thanks much. I have seen a few Batman and Superman vs. Predator pages on CAF.

I'm afraid I can't help with the search but if you're interested in seeing it, here's the art from the AVP arcade machine.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=871092

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

are you looking for just the original series or any incarnation of it?

I was looking for the original series (for all 3) for the longest time and had no luck.

Mark Nelson showed up at SD a few years ago and a bunch of pages were sold. I think one person ended up with most of them (search CAF)

Predator art I haven't seen too much, I was able to get a plain interior page but that's all I have seen.

I also haven't seen AvP pages from the original pages either, sorry!

Malvin

I am really interested in any carnation. Given what a hard time I have had finding any sort of available artwork (again, I may just not have found the right place to look yet), I am really open to any alien, predator, or AvP series.

Thanks for the help so far everyone!

I just got THIS a few weeks ago.

It was a gift, so NFS=Never For Sale :sorry: (but comments welcome :baiting: )

Very very nice page. I hope to get something like that for my collection some day!

Any idea what your friend traded for it?

Very very nice page. I hope to get something like that for my collection some day!

First rule of OA gifts: Don't ask what the other guy had to give up to get it :blush:

I didn't ask him what he traded for it. I have my guesses since I know the ball$park the previous owner was looking at on the page. But that's all just speculation (shrug)

First rule of OA gifts: Don't ask what the other guy had to give up to get it :blush:

I didn't ask him what he traded for it. I have my guesses since I know the ball$park the previous owner was looking at on the page. But that's all just speculation (shrug)

Fair enough :), great page though.

I did see some Predator pages listed at Spencer Beck's but he did not have links to the images on the site. I may reach out to see what they look like.

I did see some Predator pages listed at Spencer Beck's but he did not have links to the images on the site. I may reach out to see what they look like.

I hope you haven't reached out yet. Don't ask Spencer for scans, his FAQ on his website says he has no time. Unfortunately you will have to dig up the comic and look at the pages instead. I've done it a few times and it's actually fun, like a treasure hunt.

Malvin

I hope you haven't reached out yet. Don't ask Spencer for scans, his FAQ on his website says he has no time. Unfortunately you will have to dig up the comic and look at the pages instead. I've done it a few times and it's actually fun, like a treasure hunt.

Malvin

Thanks Malvin, I haven't reached out yet and I do remember seeing something along those lines on his site but for some reason I thought it was only related to a specific artist. Glad you caught me beforehand. I actually tried googling some of the pages last night without much luck. I will have to go back to my parents' storage where my very old comics are kept to see if I have any of the issues that he has pages for sale.

Am I wrong in being a little turned off by the fact that he wont provide scans? It seems like it would be in his best interest to spend the time to upload scans to help sell the art.

Am I wrong in being a little turned off by the fact that he wont provide scans? It seems like it would be in his best interest to spend the time to upload scans to help sell the art.

I can't speak for the pages in question, but Spencer doesn't have all of the art. The artist's often hold it and he frequently has to check with them before a sale can be completed.

I can't speak for the pages in question, but Spencer doesn't have all of the art. The artist's often hold it and he frequently has to check with them before a sale can be completed.

The other issue is that even if he does have the pages, he literally has thousands upon thousands of pages, he just doesn't have the time if the scans are not there already.

You won't be forced to buy pages you did not expect, usually when I order pages without scans, I describe a panel to make sure we are talking about the right page, and ask about any serious condition issues.

Malvin

Thanks for the info guys, that all makes sense to me.

I'll do some research tonight and see what I can come up with on the pages he has available.

Also, just because they are listed on his site, doesn't mean they haven't already sold. Personally, for every 4 pages I've ordered, only about 2 are usually available.

So, give him options. ".... If Pages 1 and 2 are sold, then I'll take page 3."

2c

Thanks for the info guys, that all makes sense to me.

I'll do some research tonight and see what I can come up with on the pages he has available.

Also, just because they are listed on his site, doesn't mean they haven't already sold. Personally, for every 4 pages I've ordered, only about 2 are usually available.

So, give him options. ".... If Pages 1 and 2 are sold, then I'll take page 3."

2c

Also good to know. I am going to get my old Alien and Predator comics out of storage tomorrow so I will be able to flip through and find the pages I want.