• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August 22-26 taking some SS requests

3 posts in this topic

My store The Comic Book Lounge in Toronto will once again be accepting some Signature Series requests at Fan Expo Canada on August 22-25. I will be personally accepting and overseeing these requests at the CBL booth at Fan Expo.

We can pick up and submit prearranged sketch cover requests (if you need sketch covers we can provide as part of the request - please inquire re: availability of sketch covers available). Not all artists will be willing to do sketch covers which is why we suggest you contact and arrange in advance to avoid disappointment.

Unfortunately not all guests and celebrities are available, autograph fees are an additional cost above all CGC related fees.

At this time we are not accepting books for Todd McFarlane to sign.

Also, Please Note that with the 2013 show being in two unique buildings, we will be located in the South Building - the same building as the comic book guests, but celebrities who are doing public signings will be located in the North Building. Fees for comic guests will be lower than those for celebrities (not including autograph costs) because of the long time commitment in traveling to the celebrity signing area. We may try to group times for the availability of the Witness in the celebrity signing area.

Books from those not attending the event will need to be in at the store by Wednesday, August 21.

For celebrity guess will are only accepting requests at the event from attendees. We will accept submission requests in advance for comic guests - exceptions being Todd and Stan.

I've learned that many of the celebs will be ticketed (that is you buy a ticket and then come back at certain times to redeem them and get your item(s) signed).

For celebs, we are providing a Witness only, we do not purchase or line up for autograph tickets (and exhibitors may be denied the option to purchase tickets for some or even all celebrity guests anyway). This way you are still able to meet the celebrity as well.

I also recommend that when you purchase an autograph ticket that you make sure with the handlers that they will sign your comic. Some guests will be only signing photos or in rare cases, only promotional posters, so please make sure you check first to avoid disappointment and problems in the line.

Less than a week away until Fan Expo. I'll be at the store on the weekend and on Tuesday all day. Wednesday is set-up day but I'll be back at the Comic Book Lounge from 6-11 for the Reform School Ninja Girls #1 release party. After that you'll have to come see us at our booth (#614 in the south building).