• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED raw 1940 Batman #2 missing centerfold priced below 1/2 OSPG GD 2.0

11 posts in this topic

Batman #2 raw 1.0 (missing centerfold, Joker/Catwoman story unaffected)

$900 $875 $800 shipped US/Canada

(priced well below 1/2 GD 2.0 guide, which is $1867 in OSPG #43)

The Joker/Catwoman story is complete, and it is the 2nd Joker appearance ever, and the first time Selina Kyle is ever called Cat Woman. It is also the 2nd appearance of Selina Kyle, establishing her dual nature for the history of comics as she offers the loot to the Joker if he'll spare Robin's life.

This book has spine roll and tears along spine. You can see from the splash page scan where the upper and lower spine splits are. The cover is not detached. The front scan shows the piece missing at the upper left corner of the spine. I'd grade it a 1.5 to 1.8 if it had the centerfold--though I'm confident others might grade it as high as 2.5.

This book was brought to me by a local family in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. It was a gift to one of my customers from his aunt. She was doing collectible appraisals when a gentleman brought her a stack of ~40 cent cover price books to look at--she professionally and politely gave him the news they weren't the fortune he thought they were. The gentleman left and returned with this Batman #2 and a Superman #44, which he gave her, with thanks for her courtesy. Her nephew and his wife didn't feel they were properly caring for the book--which was absolutely true--and I was more than happy to pay a fair price for both books and a wonderful story.

I've been away from the boards a long time while growing a local brick-and-mortar full service comic shop (yes, it rocks to run a real comic shop!). However, here is my feedback thread--I'm sure some of these folks still carry good credibility on the boards.

Leon's Feedback Thread

Since I have a shop, I can post to my Square account for purchase by any credit card Square accepts. I'll only do this if terms are settled via PM. Square is 2.75% while PayPal is 3%, but I do accept PayPal. Take note--this item is NOT posted for sale on Square market, so double-posting police not needed, but thanks :)

Money orders, and personal checks are welcome.

(Personal checks must clear my bank.)

All offers, trades and other suggestions will be considered, but a trade is unlikely.

U.S. and Canada shipping included; other locations please PM.

Square or PayPal ships ASAP.

I ship USPS insured with delivery confirmation.

Batman-2-front.jpg

Batman-2-splash.jpg

Batman-2-back.jpg