• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want List replies, or lack there of........??

19 posts in this topic

If you post a want list on the boards have the courtesy to reply to PMs sent your way. Why go to the trouble of asking for a rare 2003 sub atomic chromium variable, signed by a artist no one ever heard of, and them ignore the PM that would fulfill your request!!!!!!!!!!

I actively review the want list pool and I am amazed at the genuine lack of follow up by the posters.

OK, there I got that off my chest.

meh

If you post a want list on the boards have the courtesy to reply to PMs sent your way. Why go to the trouble of asking for a rare 2003 sub atomic chromium variable, signed by a artist no one ever heard of, and them ignore the PM that would fulfill your request!!!!!!!!!!

I actively review the want list pool and I am amazed at the genuine lack of follow up by the posters.

meh

Have they read the PM?

meh

agree

I've been guilty of ignorin' assrapin' offers....., which seem to be the typical replies on the WTB thread. I think posting there is viewed as a sign of weakness by the BSDs and other flippers flippin' to flippers that populate these here boards. :shrug:

meh

my lord. +1,000,000. and while i'm at it, how about "book arrived"

I've been guilty of ignorin' assrapin' offers....., which seem to be the typical replies on the WTB thread. I think posting there is viewed as a sign of weakness by the BSDs and other flippers flippin' to flippers that populate these here boards. :shrug:

I was just talking about this with someone else a little bit ago. I got my CSS 2 from a WTB, and a few of the Infantino Batman covers I needed. O, and my X-Men 1 too. And my GSX 1.

I've also gotten some ridiculous offers, but I just politely decline. :angel:

I was worried about that, but I've gotten some amazing deals by letting it be known I was looking for something. And paid a fair price for a nice lot of readers to fill runs.

I've sold quite a bit to people with WTB threads but It does get on my nerves when people don't even have the good manners to say "no thanks" and it's one of the reasons that I can't be bothered to reply to them as often these days.

meh

Agree 100% , a simple "ill pass" is all that's needed.. I refuse to deal with these ppl, a couple come to mind :facepalm:

I've also gotten some ridiculous offers, but I just politely decline. :angel:

I think this might be part of it. I was trying to buy some raw readers a few months ago. I had some crazy offers for the books. I politely declined, and they got pissed. One person wanted to sell me half the run at the same price I was trying to buy the full run from someone. When I told him that, he got irate with me about shipping cost.

Hence sometimes I ignore some of the crazy offers I get... Although I don't get nearly as many offers as I'd like sometimes. I'm still looking for a complete run of Gotham Central. The eBay Buy It Nows are out of hand. I tried to negotiate with one of the guys, but he wasn't having it. And an auction for the same books closed at a 1/3 of his ask!

It's not just the price though!!!

I've replied to a couple people saying I have their books in grade,...and didn't put an ask price. Just a let me know you're still looking.

They still never got back to me.

I've replied to a couple people saying I have their books in grade,...and didn't put an ask price. Just a let me know you're still looking.

Wouldn't have a horrific 3 you are selling would you?

Exactly!

I concur.

Seems like common sense and common politeness to reply to an offer as a buyer or a seller. Especially irritating is someone ignoring you after you spend the time to dig a book our, grade it and scan it.