• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE ADVENTURES OF PUSSYCAT 10/68 posted by Ronnylama

10 posts in this topic

Robert Crumb debut his underground book Zap in late 1968. I wonder if this Marvel book might be a staple for Independent creators.

As I looked inside the book, the "bountiful and bouncy Babe" is startling even in our generation. Wally Wood and Bill Everett were involved. Frank Zappa has his own front page spread. A very cool book and this book seems to me to be an 8.5 to 9.0.....Even an 8.0 would be Great.

I wanted to journal this epic of a book......

any info on this subject please add....I find it very Fascinating

14111.jpg

See more journals by Ronnylama

Dear RL,

So very cool.

I have no idea about this book, but just seeing Bill Everett and Wally Wood attached to it is bonified comic book history. In other words... it is a keeper.

What I do know about Wood... sometime in the late 60's and early 70's, he was drawing "adult" oriented material for both underground comics, self-published comics, and even the adult magazine market. Mr. Wood has a proclivity towards big chested damsels... case in point, he was involved in the design of Power Girl's (Superman's DC Cousin from Earth 2) costume, which prominently displays a low cut uniform with plenty of cleavage... kinda puts the "wood" in Wood!. :)

Anyway... your copy looks like it is in very fine to near mint condition. Just based on the cover I would say it should fetch an 8.5 or 9.0.

If you have more info on that comic, please share.

SW3D

I want one :) I so love the animated adult cartoons. Be it Wicked Wanda or Little Annie Fannie. You always had a chance to see the perfect depiction of a woman's body, depending on the artists. Nice Book Ronny and one that I in all my years have not ever seen.

I have never seen this book other than on the internet. Maybe one day I will see it in person and gaze upon it, but most likely will pass on it. Nice book nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing this sexy-looking cover with us Ronnylama!

I appreciate the eye candy!

If I saw this book at a comic shop, I would buy it and have it graded by the CGC, then display it proudly in my man cave! :-)

-Professor Pecora