• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 437 all over the place!

9 posts in this topic

Last night was checking on any new CLINK listings...

wkuc4jF.jpg

And I see two copies of Action 437 listed.

hm is there some hotness I dont know about?

Go check ebay

cNPZGUS.jpg

no nothing out of the ordinary... wait that first Action looks familiar...

Back to CLINK

39kKij2.jpg

yup same book, same carpet...

check the "other" listing on clink

bHu7oxg.jpg

yup same book... different price, different condition, listed at the same time...

I look at the book closer

SMPKg1X.jpg

So we have the same book.

Listed three times on two sites.

ebay (F/VF) for $25

CLINK CGC 6.0 $60 except it's not CGCed

CLINK CGC 5.0 $50 except its not CGCed

now I know people cross-list books between CLINK and ebay, so no worries there... but I've rarely seen so much effort put in to try and sell a $5 book that is proabably VG.

Im sure if I checked craigslist, it'd be there too... at another price.

I was surprised to see CLINK take the listing. It's a low demand, lower grade book. It seems like they've been in the slab & higher demand/dollar books for the last few years...

Hi mirclemet :hi: I'm not really shocked comiclink posted it. My understanding with the for sale section is that its basically just like eBay or craigslist in that anyone can list anything for any price and I believe comiclink just takes a commission if it gets sold. But this is a blatent scam. Not only is that book a vg at best but in the listing it specifically says its a cgced book when its clearly not. Might wanna call customer support and give them the heads up to ban this seller. Good catch! I'm adding his eBay user name to my list of scammers.

ComicLink's position is that you are NOT allowed to sell elsewhere while you have your listings up with them ...

"3) Items cannot be available for sale via any auction or other 3rd party site at the same time as they are listed on ComicLink."

Also, when listing you may price your items at any price ( within reason )

ComicLink's position is that you are NOT allowed to sell elsewhere while you have your listings up with them ...

Does that include your own business website?

4) Books submitted to ComicLink for listing can be advertised directly by the seller in print or on the seller's own web site while on ComicLink if the price is the same or lower on ComicLink.

Hey peter could you clarify if that is for auction listings or the for sale section. Because I do a lot of business of clink and have had times where I click buy on a listed item and then get an email saying the seller has indicated that the book is no longer available so either they are lying which would be weird or they sold the book elsewhere.

4) Books submitted to ComicLink for listing can be advertised directly by the seller in print or on the seller's own web site while on ComicLink if the price is the same or lower on ComicLink.

That makes sense.

They used to inforce that, but not so much anymore. I list books 10% higher on CL than on my site to cover their vig. If they gave me a hard time about it, I'd simply remove my books from CL.