• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #52 (B)

14 posts in this topic

Here’s my previous copy of FF #52, which I upgraded a bit.

In fact, this previous copy has a lot better printed interiors, and is also cut better in the insides – it was a tought choice… :(

Nothing in particular except what is visible in the scans. A solid low to midgrade copy, some pen scribbling inside the “a" in the logo (a signature pen mark, which is also on the first page, in the white area), a bit of miscut and overhang of the covers, Staples are well firm, and colors very vibrant with a bit of gloss still there.

Thanks to everyone in advance! (thumbs u

18j6V7ih.jpg

High resolution: http://i.imgur.com/18j6V7i.jpg

xUNYfECh.jpg

High resolution: http://i.imgur.com/xUNYfEC.jpg

Thanks guys – it’s more in the VG range, but presents nicely, aside from the bit of miswrap (the tad of white on the bottom is the cover: there is no fanning).

@Jking3437: I will offer it either for sale or trade next fall together with other books, so if you wish I’ll let you know. :)

Any other opinions? :foryou:

Thanks for letting me participate.

Sorry, but I am thinking 3.0/3.5 ish because of the crease in the LRFC, the spot/damage on the TLFC, and the tear in the TMBC.

Again, I am new to grading, so just take what I say with a grain of salt...

Thanks again!

James

Thanks. The accumulation of those three defects should not bring the grade so low. The crease is really just not that big, it looks worse because the cover is black – I can’t see what you mean by "the spot/damage on the TLFC" but apart from the pen mark there is no dirt or staining…

I would have called it a 4.5/5.0 or so, but again, it presents nicely.

Any other opinion is MUCH appreciated… ;)

Hello again!

By spot/damage I was talking about the very corner-edge of the book on the TLFC. It looked as if it was a little torn or something.

I am new to grading, as I said, just trying to get my feet under me so-to-speak. I have had several book graded that people in the HBCYSAG forum mark low because of creases in the corners, so I was thinking that should lead to a lower grade.

It is often hard for me to understand the OS grading system since it seems to leave a lot out between grades. Ex: is that a crease, or a color break? Ex: pencil marks are not an issue with a certain grade, but how about above that grade; what happens then?

But I am working to get better, so please do not mind but low feedback. I thought the sum of the 3 issues I stated would bring the book down to the 3/3.5 range. :facepalm:

Your time and attention in getting back to me on the subject helps educate me as to the limits/issues/items that are significant. Thanks for your feedback! :applause:

Know this though: it is a very nice book no matter what grade it is!

Have a great weekend!

James

Thanks guys – it’s more in the VG range, but presents nicely, aside from the bit of miswrap (the tad of white on the bottom is the cover: there is no fanning).

@Jking3437: I will offer it either for sale or trade next fall together with other books, so if you wish I’ll let you know. :)

Any other opinions? :foryou:

def let me know, I needs one

Thanks guys! (thumbs u

I honestly think it’s a 5.0 max, maybe 5.5 but I would not buy it as a F, more a VGF or so.

It has been my copy for years, now I sort of upgraded to the following one, which is not exaggeratedly better but overall I liked it more.

There is to say that the interiors of my previous copy are really well printed, and it was hard to choose between the two.

Rq3bLkdh.jpg

@Jking3437: I will put you on my "UBB Buddies" list so whenever I will decide to trade or sell it I’ll let you know. :)

P.S. Look at the printing differences: #52 is a book that surely had at least two print runs. We already discussed it, and my new copy has that small printing defect (light blue dot on the Panther’s chest), which is typical of a good number of copies, while the old one has not, and the colors are more bright (especially the reds and yellows).