• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need a new comic subscription service!

11 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, Chad from CompleteRunComics has discontinued his service.

Can I get some recommendations from you peeps? Either by PM or replying to the post.

Please give me their website address, the % discount and their shipping options.

Thanks!

Peter

Unfortunately, Chad from CompleteRunComics has discontinued his service.

Can I get some recommendations from you peeps? Either by PM or replying to the post.

Please give me their website address, the % discount and their shipping options.

Thanks!

Peter

Man, that's a bummer. I was ready to go in feet first into some of current titles. Damn! I "would" suggest mailordercomics.com, but they don't treat your books with any TLC that I would expect.

Comic Book Subscription Service

I'm going with this one for the time being. I've e-mailed the guy back and forth as he has gotten most of the October issues I'm missing when CRC cancelled his service.

He only takes 10% off the top and the issues I bought in October he is passing along a 30% discount (mainstream DC&Marvel titles). I really like his personal touch, too. I've e-mailed the subscription service noted above twice and never heard back from them.

One last thing: his shipping charges are at COST. Other subscription services may offer you a higher %, but the shipping charges usually wipe out the higher %.

Please give me feedback if you do decide to go with them, especially if you have problems with him.

Thanks!

Peter

discount comic book service emails will come back to you from Cameron Merkler. Look for those.

Dont subscribe to any book from marvel, dc, image etc. I have before and they come in a envelope, no board, no protection from the usps. Just a manilla envelope.

Has anyone ever subscribed direct from Marvel? Is this a bad idea if you want to receive books in mint condition? For some reason I have a vision of the postman folding your new FF book so he can jam it through the mail slot. tonofbricks.gif

That's exactly what will happen.

I've decided to give my local LCS a try. He says they can do it, and they do give me a discount, plus, no shipping charge and I can pick up weekly instead of once-a-month shipping.

But, damn, I sure liked how hard Chad worked. Wish he coulda kept it going.