• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speedy-D appreciation fund (cut off 5 September)

39 posts in this topic

Speedy-D has given his own time, efforts and even fronted some of his own money to take care of a whole bunch of us who had waited months and years for a commission.

I have an idea of something I think he will really like. It will involve those of us who volunteer to participate pooling our money together. I'm pledging $20 of my own.

If any of you are curious what I have in mind, feel free to send me a PM. I want it to be a surprise to Speedy.

If you wish to participate, feel free to pledge whatever you're comfortable with, even if it's only $5. It's not a contest.

If you pledge any amount but want to remain anonymous, shoot me a PM and I will announce in the room "An anonymous person donated $X" This way the total dollar amount is made public, since I will be handling other people's money.

PayPal is preferred to keep it simple, but I can also process other forms of payment. PM me and I'll give you my PayPal information.

I will collect volunteers for 30 days and then commence with the plan. SEPTEMBER 5TH WILL BE THE CUT OFF. You don't have to send your donation right way, but please send it before then. That should give us plenty of time to get all those Speedy helped time to see this thread and participate, if they so choose.

Since I have no idea how much we will collect, my idea allows for flexibility price wise. Any remaining money will either be donated to charity or to speedy. For example, if we collect $260 but the cost is $250, I will give $10 to the charity or Speedy. I'm thinking hero initiative, but I'm open to ideas.

Last, I recognize that this involves an element of trust. If any of you wish to know more about me or to speak to me by phone shoot me a PM.

COLLECTED TO DATE: $100

UPDATE:

- I'm going to make the cut-off on 5 September.

-I'm going to keep a running tally of how much has been pledged and how much has been collected.

- I will be doing an exercise at the Joint Readiness Training Center from 12 August until 3 September. I'll have my iPhone with me, but reception there can be spotty so during that period it may take me a while to respond to PMs.

As of now,

$20 pledged

$20 collected

3 pledges TBD

Funds received so far: (thumbs u

Myself: $20

Steel of Hanzo: $50

J DUB: $30

Fantastic Thor: $25

Each time I receive funds I will post these updates for accountability purposes. If a person does not post in the thread I will list them as "Anonymous doner"

GOAL: $300+

The plan will be adjusted if we fall short or go way over.

I have an idea of something I think he will really like. It will involve those of us who volunteer to participate pooling our money together. I'm pledging $20 of my own.

If any of you are curious what I have in mind, feel free to send me a PM. I want it to be a surprise to Speedy.

An Anthony Castrillo commission? (shrug)