• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 - a year overcrowded with planned comic-based movies + more

134 posts in this topic

For me?

There is a problem with the Marvel films being connected the way they are. You have to see all of them in the theater otherwise you run the risk of missing a chapter on the way to the next "event" movie.

Batman vs. Superman (Movies)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Movies)

Ant Man (Movies)

Star Wars Episode VII (Movies)

Jurassic Park IV (Netflix)

WarCraft (Nah)

James Bond 24 (Movies skyfall was amazing and Craig Bonds keep delivering)

Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 (Netflix)

Terminator (Netflix)

Independence Day 2 (Netflix)

Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 2 (Nah)

Finding Dory (Netflix)

Assassin’s Creed (Nah)

Fantastic Four (Netflix)

Inferno – the Da Vinci Code threequel (Netflix)

Slightly smaller or less exciting propositions, such as Kung Fu Panda 3, Smurfs 3, Alvin and the Chipmunks 4, Cinderella. (No no no no )

I would take a second look at

Warcraft and Assassin’s Creed.

Why?

These could be the first videogame blockbuster movies at the box office.

I could see Assassin’s Creed doing huge box office which would lead fickle Hollywood to slow down making comic book character movies, and start making the more modern video game character movies.

Assassin’s Creed could be the video game movie that puts video games on the map like the Marvel`s X-Men and Nolan Batman movies put superheroes on the map.

Why?

I could see Assassin’s Creed doing huge box office which would lead fickle Hollywood to slow down making comic book character movies, and start making the more modern video game character movies.

Assassin’s Creed could be the video game movie that puts video games on the map like the Marvel`s X-Men and Nolan Batman movies put superheroes on the map.

AC3_5years_710x390tcm1977449.jpg

hm

The FF reboot has to move it's release date.

I fear that movie will be Marvel film left out in 2015.

It can't compete against Marvel/Disney movies because they make higher quality movies than Fox's Marvel films (The Wolverine is a great example of this :( )

Warcraft and Assassins Creed.

Why?

I could see Assassins Creed doing huge box office which would lead fickle Hollywood to slow down making comic book character movies, and start making the more modern video game character movies.

Assassins Creed could be the video game movie that puts video games on the map like the Marvel`s X-Men and Nolan Batman movies put superheroes on the map.

hm

Maybe they can make the AC movie more enjoyable than the games (AC3 was boring as hell zzz )

I just hope we don't see the goose laying the golden eggs killed, or sharks being jumped, or whatever your favorite metaphor for too much of a good thing would be. To be honest I'm worried about Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe it's just me, but why the hell anyone would look at that property and think that that should be Marvel's next film is beyond me. I hope I'm wrong and its awesome, but then again I also need prices to come down on TTA #13.

This times a MILLION!!!

I want all Marvel movies and really any superhero movie to do well. For the life of me though, i dont see how they are possibly going to pull off GotG as a major blockbuster that non comic fans will flock to and enjoy. Hell, im a Marvel zombie and i dont even want to see a GotG movie!

This one DEFINITELY worries me hm

I want to see it.

Looks like Powerman was another one that had been optioned to another studio (Columbia Pictures), which then reverted back to Marvel Studios this year.

Marvel Cliffhanger: Robert Downey Jr.'s $50 Million Sequel Showdow

Tks, interesting link.

Thanks to the success of the Marvel movies and their ancillary revenue, analyst Doug Creutz of Cowen and Co. says the unit generates $400 million to $500 million in annual operating income, about 5 percent of Disney’s total haul. With taxes, Creutz believes Disney CEO Robert Iger’s $4.3 billion acquisition of the company in 2009 will have paid for itself in 15 years, far earlier than analysts first predicted. Even Paramount, whose right to distribute Iron Man 3 was bought out in the 2009 Disney deal, will earn more than $100 million if the film continues its trajectory, according to another analyst

5% may not sound like much but it's a huge amount of money considering just how big Disney is.

For its upcoming Phase 2 adventure movie Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel cast low-cost Parks and Recreation actor Chris Pratt to star and hired low-budget filmmaker James Gunn (Slither) to direct

Spending very little money building GOG tells me Disney isn't confident about the success of the project. Could be a disaster.

Marvel has a writing program it uses as a concept generator and has scripts for Blade and Ms. Marvel features, for example

A writing program? hm

The company slowly has been reacquiring licenses to characters it lost during the 1990s, snapping up Blade, Ghost Rider, Power Man and Daredevil in the past year alone.

Nice to see characters coming back to Marvel/Disney. Wonder if they've bought them back or if the rights reverted back to them for some reason

I thought Marvel didn't own the FF movie property?

While Marvel has some creative input, they licensed out the cinematic creative rights to the FF property. This means that Fox has sole creative and distribution rights over the FF and related characters so long as the studio keeps utilizing the property. Once the contractually determined time has elapsed, and FOX has not made a film during the course of that time, the rights completely revert back to Marvel who is free to lease it out to anyone else. However, now that Marvel is making movies, they would simply keep the rights themselves under the Disney banner and fold the FF into their Avengers universe.

BTW the rights are only for live action movies, which is why cartoon spiderman can appear with cartoon Wolverine and the Avengers.

Of course there is a grey area as we will see with Quicksilver in the Avengers and a separate Quicksilver in the X-Men movies.

If I missed anything feel free to point it out. I'm going to sleep for a few hours.

I believe the cartoon adventures of our favorite heroes are very important and help to create legions of fans. How many of us watched the original Spider-man cartoon when it was introduced or as a rerun over the last 40 years? If you can hum the opening theme song you've been assimilated into the Marvel Universe.

http://www.superheroeslives.com/indexcartoons.htm

Warcraft and Assassins Creed.

Why?

I could see Assassins Creed doing huge box office which would lead fickle Hollywood to slow down making comic book character movies, and start making the more modern video game character movies.

Assassins Creed could be the video game movie that puts video games on the map like the Marvel`s X-Men and Nolan Batman movies put superheroes on the map.

hm

Maybe they can make the AC movie more enjoyable than the games (AC3 was boring as hell zzz )

The essence of the story is pretty good though. With a studio throwing big bucks at -script writers they could turn it in to gold.

And I felt like 3 was boring because they really forced the stealth .

For its upcoming Phase 2 adventure movie Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel cast low-cost Parks and Recreation actor Chris Pratt to star and hired low-budget filmmaker James Gunn (Slither) to direct

Spending very little money building GOG tells me Disney isn't confident about the success of the project. Could be a disaster.

Chris Pratt was Barry, James McAvoy's friend that gets a keyboard across the mouth in "Wanted". For the role of Starlord, he has been changing his image just slightly.

1355954984_8756_Untitled.jpg

I have a feeling if he delivers creatively, this could be the role that changes his future.

For me?

There is a problem with the Marvel films being connected the way they are. You have to see all of them in the theater otherwise you run the risk of missing a chapter on the way to the next "event" movie.

Batman vs. Superman (Movies)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Movies)

Ant Man (Movies)

Star Wars Episode VII (Movies)

Jurassic Park IV (Netflix)

WarCraft (Nah)

James Bond 24 (Movies skyfall was amazing and Craig Bonds keep delivering)

Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 (Netflix)

Terminator (Netflix)

Independence Day 2 (Netflix)

Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 2 (Nah)

Finding Dory (Netflix)

Assassin’s Creed (Nah)

Fantastic Four (Netflix)

Inferno – the Da Vinci Code threequel (Netflix)

Slightly smaller or less exciting propositions, such as Kung Fu Panda 3, Smurfs 3, Alvin and the Chipmunks 4, Cinderella. (No no no no )

Why?

I will give them a chance on Netflix then.

Nice to see characters coming back to Marvel/Disney. Wonder if they've bought them back or if the rights reverted back to them for some reason

Daredevil and Blade reverted...

Ghost Rider and the Punisher ... I don't know.

Chris Pratt was Barry, James McAvoy's friend that gets a keyboard across the mouth in "Wanted". For the role of Starlord, he has been changing his image just slightly.

1355954984_8756_Untitled.jpg

I have a feeling if he delivers creatively, this could be the role that changes his future.

Damn,he bulked up good :o

Damn,he bulked up good :o

I guess that is so long Ryan Reynolds? :baiting:

Chris Pratt Undergoes Physical Transformation, Shows Off Rock-Solid Bod

rs_293x473-130707135311-634.ChrisPratt.jl.070713_copy.jpg

He was also in Zero Dark Thirty as one of the SEAL members, which to me was not a starring role. So I can see why he is going all out for the Starlord role.

Having recently seen the Gunn directed and co-written Hit and Run on Netflix, I am confident he can pull off GoG.

Honestly, the only misstep of directing/writing I think Marvel has made is letting Downey Jr.s buddy write and direct IM3.