• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade this Real Fact Comics #5

10 posts in this topic

I think the book would present much more nicely if you folded the cover edges back so there weren't all those white areas on the right edge.

I would be surprised if CGC gave it less than a VG+ 4.5 and think you have an outside chance at a 5.0

Cool book! thumbsup2.gif

I think the book would present much more nicely if you folded the cover edges back so there weren't all those white areas on the right edge.

I would be surprised if CGC gave it less than a VG+ 4.5 and think you have an outside chance at a 5.0

Cool book! thumbsup2.gif

You think so, even with that 3-inch crease emanating from the bottom staple? confused.gif I didn't think CGC was that soft on GA, but I don't own any GA so I can only go on what I see when you GA guys post your books. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think that non-color breaking crease will significantly affect the grade once you're into the VG range. It might keep it out of the 5.0 range though.

I think the book has a lot going for it structurally and will get a bonus for the relatively nice spine. And I do think it will look a lot better without all the white areas on the right edge.

I've definitely seen worse looking books get 4.5s...