• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malibu Sun #13 Spawn MISPRINT Back

56 posts in this topic

I don't need comfort ... just had a question ... didn't ask for stupid comments or smart one word reply's

just cause you have 38000 posts.... you always act like a child ?

Should I shave my nipple before I place it into your noisy hole?

I don't need comfort ... just had a question ... didn't ask for stupid comments or smart one word reply's

:popcorn:

No need to ask, they are readily dispensed whether you want them or not, much like grocery flyers in your mail.

I wouldn't say always.

Is this legitimately considered the 1st appearance of Spawn? It seems like a solicitation magazine, not a comic.

I think it's the same school of thought that considers Gobbeldy Gook #1 the first TMNT. I have no clue at what point some creative seller was able to convince a gullible buyer that an advertisement is the first appearance of a character - but that concept has managed to survive today, where it thrives in a collector society obsessed with having the most unique and rare collectible version of anything produced.

Many years ago when I had my comic shop, I sold a bootleg tape I obtained from someone who was at a Karaoke Bar in Dover, New Hampshire with Kevin Eastman back in 1984 - where he was recorded singing the word "Turtle" from Bob Dylan's song 'Million Dollar Bash'.

His choice of song that night was definitely influenced on his conversations with Peter Laird earlier that evening. Kevin Eastman's voice saying the word 'Turtle' was - in fact - the true first mention of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, preceeding art, promotional materials or advertisements. I got a cool $800 for the tape back in 1996. I have no idea where it went or if it will ever surface again - but I imagine it's more highly sought after than a Gobbeldy Gook #1 by a mile.

It's defective. Worthless. doh.gif

DG

Really ... to some people maybe so , but to a Spawn Collector maybe not ...

Personally having 0 interest in spawn I could care less but I just thought it was neat I had found such a rare book ...

I was kidding. I know people like that kind of stuff. I don't care anything about Spawn, so both versions have no value to me.

DG

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

I will buy your C R A P P Y Spawn drek anytime.

As long as it's 9.8 or better.

Call me.

:devil:

why are 50% of the people on this board just plain Rude

The other 50% can't do it right? confused.gif

Is it polite to call 50% of the people rude? popcorn.gif

DG

Sorry I should have said why are the first 50% of the replies Stupid, rude, or unhelpful....

Thanks for your concern

DG

Sorry I should have said why are the first 50% of the replies Stupid, rude, or unhelpful....

Thanks for your concern

You started it, sunshine.

DG

Thanks for your concern

I've been in the hobby a long time. When I was at my peak of collecting, printing errors were defects and undesirable. 2nd printings were inferior. There's so much product out there now, that any little oddity like this is hyped ad nauseam. Does someone want a printing defect like this? Sure. Is it cool to me? No.

Comics General was probably not the best place to post this find. One of the categories where people discuss 90's comics could have gotten you some more enthusiastic replies.

DG

DG

Thanks for your concern

Dude what are you talking about you "Lollers" me ....

DG

Thanks for your concern

Dude what are you talking about you "Lollers" me ....

I lollers'd Chuck Gower.

Learn to read. It's fundamental.

DG

Thanks for your concern

I've been in the hobby a long time. When I was at my peak of collecting, printing errors were defects and undesirable. 2nd printings were inferior. There's so much product out there now, that any little oddity like this is hyped ad nauseam. Does someone want a printing defect like this? Sure. Is it cool to me? No.

Comics General was probably not the best place to post this find. One of the categories where people discuss 90's comics could have gotten you some more enthusiastic replies.

DG

I wasn't looking for an enthusiastic reply just a normal conversation not stupid comments and correcting my sentence's ...

Yeah I personally don't do 2nd prints unless i'm doing a complete Run but to a spawn collector... like I have had many message me and give me useful info this is a big deal

Thanks for the reply