• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold!!! When???

25 posts in this topic

that AF #15 sold about 2-3 weeks ago. i was talking to doug one night about my books on the site and he brought it up. but onlt a day or so ago, the sold sign still wasn't out. i didn't ask him how much he sold it for but he was happy for obvious reasons.

he also intimated that there had been interest in his FF #1 - 9.6 but sounded like he really didn't want to part with it.

it fairly boggles the mind the books that that young man owns. 893whatthe.gif

I know nothing about him, and I know he posts here, but any idea what he does for a living? I need to know what career to move into. insane.gif

And considering things in the Vault are selling, I'm surpised the Avengers #2 is still around. That book is by far the most stunning one listed. You just know you'l never find a better copy. Its sooooooooo yellow. The only 9.8. Only 1 9.6.

Course, it IS just Avengers 2.

I know nothing about him, and I know he posts here, but any idea what he does for a living? I need to know what career to move into.

He was a lawyer. He has moved to South Florida (and apparently attracted all the hurricanes) and is planning on being a full-time comic book dealer (good for him).

If you search old post, you will realize that he amassed such an amazing collection by:

1) Buying a lot before CGC came along

2) Searched every nook and cranny to have access to the best books

3) Paid whatever it took to get the best books (which is the one thing that most other collectors don't do).

A great guy.

I know nothing about him, and I know he posts here, but any idea what he does for a living? I need to know what career to move into.

He was a lawyer. He has moved to South Florida (and apparently attracted all the hurricanes) and is planning on being a full-time comic book dealer (good for him).

If you search old post, you will realize that he amassed such an amazing collection by:

1) Buying a lot before CGC came along

2) Searched every nook and cranny to have access to the best books

3) Paid whatever it took to get the best books (which is the one thing that most other collectors don't do).

A great guy.

and add one major element to that equation: as a big buyer of HG with no apparent cash issues, he was offerred these sweet runs when they surfaced. He might not have been the only one who would have pulled the trigger, but we'll never know since he scooped them up, the sly fox!!!