• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant..Its About Damn Time!

46 posts in this topic

Valiant is getting some serious press. I am starting to see CBR, IGN, iFanboy, and a bunch of other sites. They are finally giving them their respect and I think its justly deserved. I know there has been a small segment of collectors on this board and they know how well written the stories are in the new Valiant U. Hop on board the quality train guys. Did I also mention there are NO DELAYS!!! The books come out on time every month with no break!

Come on Greg back me up here!

i wish Valiant would put out titles that are not superhero based, and werent reliant on sharing the Valiant Universe

Well they had a whole catalog of tights/IP and it made sense for them to build off of that. Can you imagine them relaunching to be another Image? People would cry foul and bloody murder. I look at it as Marvel/DC on steroids. They do what the other two can't do.

i wish Valiant would put out titles that are not superhero based, and werent reliant on sharing the Valiant Universe

In time they will get there. They just have so many characters at their disposal it makes more sense to do what they are doing. Heck some of the big names havent even shown up yet [Rai comes to mind]

Well they had a whole catalog of tights/IP and it made sense for them to build off of that. Can you imagine them relaunching to be another Image? People would cry foul and bloody murder. I look at it as Marvel/DC on steroids. They do what the other two can't do.

Another good point.

Ive said it since day one... people passing now will be hunting later. Relatively small print runs, tight nit community to talk/share/sell/trade/buy/hang with , awesome story telling with good art, AND movie projects in the works.

I was on the valiant boat but the number of alternate covers and second prints made me abandon ship quickly. I now wait for the trades in the bargin bin, great stories but I'm not going to collect them.

I was on the valiant boat but the number of alternate covers and second prints made me abandon ship quickly. I now wait for the trades in the bargin bin, great stories but I'm not going to collect them.

Nothig wrong with the picking up the trades. There is a thread on the Valiant forum with a few people saying basically the same thing. Hopefully they listen to you guys on the variants. No where near as bad as say Avatar lolol

You know I loved the originals and was hot on the new stuff but all the variants turned me off right away. I am all for good stories and art but when you have so many covers I am out. I still get one of each issue but I haven't cracked any of them, as much as for lack of time among other things.

I didn't even realize they were trading these already....

James G

Why do variants put people off? You only need to buy one to read the story.

Different strokes for different folks.

Some people like to collect on top of reading. This can get very expensive and very tiresome. Ive watched even some of the more aggressive Valiant completists back off recently.....I am not one of them though.

Others like to flip for cash. Having multiple covers has proved to hurt the 2nd hand market when its non stop [multiple covers]. Im willing to bet the 2nd hand market would be doing better for Valiant books if there went so many covers. Same can be said for Uber and Bedlam

Nothing wrong with doing either/both and I totally understand both mind sets.