• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 11 : Contest

124 posts in this topic

BTW.....just a note.....in the first five rounds of the contest the teams totalled up 52 points. In the second set of five rounds (6 thru 10) the teams accumulated only 32 points.

The grading is getting harder. foreheadslap.gif

Ah, the good old days when Arvel Omics sold for 2 cents apiece.

Of course, you were dealing with a hero who had only one arm and half a brain, so maybe they felt they needed to discount the book to get people to buy them?

New "LABEL" ( for the last 10 rounds I have been mispelling this word, until 1 person finally corrected me), OW Pages, ends Friday at 5:00 PM EST.

You also misspelled "mispelling." We'll let that one slide though.... stooges.gif

New "LABEL" ( for the last 10 rounds I have been mispelling this word, until 1 person finally corrected me).

I thought you were using the Early English spelling to be fancy and display class. poke2.gif

He IS from New ENGLAND! 27_laughing.gif

New "LABEL" ( for the last 10 rounds I have been mispelling this word, until 1 person finally corrected me), OW Pages, ends Friday at 5:00 PM EST.

You also misspelled "mispelling." We'll let that one slide though.... stooges.gif

foreheadslap.gifsorry.gif

How big is the tear on top of the spine? It isn't visible in the scan.

That's for PMs! 893whatthe.gif

You want get disqualified for this round! poke2.gif

Why PMs? Shouldn't everyone know the answer to that question? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why PMs? Shouldn't everyone know the answer to that question? confused-smiley-013.gif

You weren't here when UV made it to the whiney land during the first 5 rounds were you?

People would post questions and grade guesses in the thread against the rules, and he would look the other way and not penalize them. Some people wanted strict inforcement of the rules and were angry the offending team(s) weren't punished.

I wasn't one of the whiners btw... gossip.gif

You weren't here when UV made it to the whiney land during the first 5 rounds were you?

People would post questions and grade guesses in the thread against the rules, and he would look the other way and not penalize them. Some people wanted strict inforcement of the rules and were angry the offending team(s) weren't punished.

But now you are... foreheadslap.giftongue.gif

I was trying to stop him before he went any farther. shy.gif

OK, well I've now used my keen powers of questioning and examination to ask Nikos all about the various defects on the book and I possess a special kind of knowledge about the book that no one else in the grading contest possesses.

Yes, the game feels fairer to me already now that I have this knowledge that none of you get to see because of this rule against posting questions and answers in the thread itself. Thanks for setting me straight, Aces. My team needs all the help it can get.

OK, well I've now used my keen powers of questioning and examination to ask Nikos all about the various defects on the book and I possess a special kind of knowledge about the book that no one else in the grading contest possesses.

Yes, the game feels fairer to me already now that I have this knowledge that none of you get to see because of this rule against posting questions and answers in the thread itself. Thanks for setting me straight, Aces. My team needs all the help it can get.

Seems to me that I asked in the Rules thread about asking questions, and the answer was that all would be privy to the question and answer...

So, are all previous rounds to be thrown out and we start over?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan