• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice needed from the brains trust regarding cgc'ing pence issues!

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys and girls,

I am in the initial stages of deciding whether to part with my comic collection or not and need a little bit of advice. I have a few silver age keys that are pence issues and I'm wondering whether it's worth the outlay on having them graded and encapsulated !

Additionally from the information that I have garnered so far it would appear that the pence copies are not as highly desired as the cents copies and therefore sell for a substantial discount - is this reflected in CGC's pricing for encapsulation?

The issues in question are :

(I've attempted to provide an estimated and conservative grade to give you an idea of what I'm considering to send to CGC)

X men 1 - nice book, around a 7.0

Fantastic four 5 - around 5.5

Fantastic Four 9 - 3.5 ish

Fantastic four 12 - great looking book around 7.5

fantastic four 25 - around 7

Fantastic Four 49 - 5.5/6

Incredible Hulk 2 - 3.5 ish

Incredible Hulk 3 -lovely, probably an 8

Incredible Hulk 4 - 5.5 ish

Amazing Spiderman 1 - low grade 3 ish

I have not had my finger on the pulse of the comic book marketplace for many years so any feedback/advice you could supply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

Additionally from the information that I have garnered so far it would appear that the pence copies are not as highly desired as the cents copies and therefore sell for a substantial discount

True

is this reflected in CGC's pricing for encapsulation?

No.