• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading question

13 posts in this topic

Hey all. I recently purchased the comic below and I want to get it signed by Norman Reedus at the Ohio Comic Con while CGC is there to witness it but I have a quick question. Will the sketch on the cover reduce the grade of the comic if I submit it or does CGC have something that they do for comics with sketches on them like this when grading them? Thanks!

140004.jpg.91e8f0e1dc1a43a287d961e11ba18c9f.jpg

Well, if the Reedus signature is witnessed by CGC and the book then gets subbed, it'll get a yellow label by default with the sketch counting as a massive grade-dropping defect.

+1

Just have him sign it, if you plan on keeping it and keep it in a nice mylar. If you want a book signed by him and want a CGC high grade then find another book. i.e. If you get a yellow by default and the grade is like a 5.0, then will it be worth it to you?

(5.0 is just a guess)

Well, if the Reedus signature is witnessed by CGC and the book then gets subbed, it'll get a yellow label by default with the sketch counting as a massive grade-dropping defect.
This.The value of this book will not be in the grade itself. The sketch is cool and if you want the Reedus sig certified then go ahead and submit it. Don't worry about the number on the label.

What would CGC do if the sketch artist was at a convention and you took a CGC witness to the artist who verified that it was his/her work? hm

They would tell you it wouldn't matter and still give it a green label.