• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What up with this slab?

108 posts in this topic

Check out this auction.

Dig the slab. Guy says it's a CGC 9.6 but the slab label is a total forgery.

The book inside isn't a 9.6 in any way, shape or form.

Do you think the book was tampered with before the guy bought it?

He has good feedback, so I'd like to think he's clueless.

What say you? Do you agree that this is slab forgery?

dangergirl1chromiumcgc96-2_zps78f01efb.jpg

Looking at it more closely, the book is Photoshopped onto the picture of the slab. The weld goes right through the bottom of the book.

The seller has built a fake photo for the listing.

He has a couple of other slabs for sale that are missing serial # and page quality as well.

You're right. Pretty much every slab he has.

THE WALKING DEAD #1 CGC 9.8 Robert Kirkman AMC White Label 2003 RARE $3,299.99

$(KGrHqV,!jEFE4lKjkZyBROP8pGMrg~~60_3.JPG

Here's how the label should look...

$(KGrHqVHJBkFH)1g-V0NBR9W-f44N!~~60_57.JPG

A couple of them, namely the Turner sketch slab, have these fake Photoshopped slab jobs then an extra photo of the real GREEN label slab.

I don't understand what the guy is thinking by making Frankenphotos.

He has a couple of other slabs for sale that are missing serial # and page quality as well.

You're right. Pretty much every slab he has.

THE WALKING DEAD #1 CGC 9.8 Robert Kirkman AMC White Label 2003 RARE $3,299.99

$(KGrHqV,!jEFE4lKjkZyBROP8pGMrg~~60_3.JPG

At least that one looks like it could possibly be 9.8. That other one doesn't look like it would have any chance at a 9.6 does it? His auctions are sketchy to say the least. I scrolled through his feedback, and I didn't see any graded books that he has sold.

A couple of them, namely the Turner sketch slab, have these fake Photoshopped slab jobs then an extra photo of the real GREEN label slab.

The only thing I can think of, outside of him being a total scammer, is that he recreated the labels to remove the serial numbers to prevent anyone from looking them up. He might not have them in hand, or might not want anyone to see how much he paid for them.

My money is on scammer though.

The only thing I can think of, outside of him being a total scammer, is that he recreated the labels to remove the serial numbers to prevent anyone from looking them up. He might not have them in hand, or might not want anyone to see how much he paid for them.

I thought that about the serial number too, but is that one really 9.6 condition? It looks kinda rough to me, unless that's just a reflection in the scan maybe.

I thought that about the serial number too, but is that one really 9.6 condition? It looks kinda rough to me, unless that's just a reflection in the scan maybe.

I don't know. I looked at a bunch of them, in the registry and on eBay, and a lot of them look like . Those chromium covers seem to buckle a little at the spine which reflects the light in strange ways.