• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What up with this slab?

108 posts in this topic

OK

So Chris called me back and he told me his "employees" must be putting their "bad" photoshop skills to use. He said he will take a look at the listings when he has a chance.

Glad he will get to it. It is a bit odd and screams prank. In the world we live in, it isn't surprising people are concerned about this.

On a side note, is Danger Girl any good? I love some of JSC covers, but Danger Girl just looks like a T and A book and nothing more.

I liked Danger Girl when it was coming out. It is cheesecake secret agent stuff. Just take out James Bond and Q et. al. and replace with Abbey Chase and other hot chicks. Not going to win any Eagle Awards, but good clean fun with great good girl art.

OK

So Chris called me back and he told me his "employees" must be putting their "bad" photoshop skills to use. He said he will take a look at the listings when he has a chance.

Glad he will get to it. It is a bit odd and screams prank. In the world we live in, it isn't surprising people are concerned about this.

On a side note, is Danger Girl any good? I love some of JSC covers, but Danger Girl just looks like a T and A book and nothing more.

I liked Danger Girl when it was coming out. It is cheesecake secret agent stuff. Just take out James Bond and Q et. al. and replace with Abbey Chase and other hot chicks. Not going to win any Eagle Awards, but good clean fun with great good girl art.

Hmmm... Sounds like I'd enjoy it then. It isn't all done by JSC though, right?

Okay okay...WHAT IF it it was REAL and he didn't feel like scanning the slab?

Did anyone contact him and ask him for the serial numbers?

Guess you haven't finished reading the thread...

I did, seems like the sellers is ledgit.

Just hates scanning slabs.

OK

Hmmm... Sounds like I'd enjoy it then. It isn't all done by JSC though, right?

I only bought it in the 1998-1999 era, and I am pretty sure that was all JSC. No idea about anything else.

;)

3vfgay.jpg

lol

I would think it's much easier to scan the slab than to photoshop the raw book into one and create a fake label for it.

My guess is that he's putting the listings up before the books are physically shipped back to him from CGC.

Why he isn't noting the page quality, I don't know.

lol

I would think it's much easier to scan the slab than to photoshop the raw book into one and create a fake label for it.

My guess is that he's putting the listings up before the books are physically shipped back to him from CGC.

Why he isn't noting the page quality, I don't know.

Yup.

Here a book he sold on 6/7/13. PETER PANZERFAUST #1 CGC SS 9.8 SIGNED KURTIS WIEBE First Print Rare BBC

The first photo in the listing is the shopped one - raw book combined with a different slab and a fake label.

$T2eC16J,!yME9s5qF1UyBRYFnui6+Q~~60_3.JPG

The second photo was apparently added when the book arrived. Note that he doesn't have a legal scanner.

$T2eC16d,!yEE9s5jGKu7BRYFn1T9)g~~60_57.JPG

The third photo is the raw book.

$T2eC16V,!)!E9s2fB+VHBRYFn+kSC!~~60_57.JPG

No, I don't think what he's doing makes sense. Also I don't see feedback on the PP #1 sale.

It was relisted twice after that sale, but that doesn't mean anything nefarious. Sometimes buyers don't pay, etc.

No, I don't think what he's doing makes sense. Also I don't see feedback on the PP #1 sale.

I gotta agree

He might be a great guy and as honest as the day is long. Still, franken photoshopping fake slabs and labels DEFINITELY rubs me the wrong way (shrug)

...I don't know...I mean, wouldn't even just taking a good regular old PICTURE be better than these bad photoshop jobs and simply indicate the grade and serial number in the description?

If I came across this on eBay, NO WAY I would bid b/c my 'scam sense' would be going off...I would automatically think the guy is trying to 'take' some uneducated new collector and/or speculator regardless if the seller is on the up and up or not...

...Yeah, I don't think it is right...

:gossip: You can't take a picture if you don't have the slab yet. :)

doh!

Oh yeah...Question though, I thought you could request/pay for a scan from CGC...How does that work? Can you get them ahead of time?

I know some folks sell prior to having books in hand but what if a) they got damaged in transit or b) had the weird case problem?

Why not wait just a tad longer until you have them in hand?

:gossip: You can't take a picture if you don't have the slab yet. :)

doh!

Oh yeah...Question though, I thought you could request/pay for a scan from CGC...How does that work? Can you get them ahead of time?

I know some folks sell prior to having books in hand but what if a) they got damaged in transit or b) had the weird case problem?

I believe CGC stopped doing the scan thing when the volume got out of hand.

Why not just be patient and sell when you have in hand? Aren't you risking poor ebay feedback when something could happen in transit? What does he do when he has a deal close on ebay but gets a damaged slab? Does he just send it out anyway?

It is great that some of the people here know this guy, but I wouldn't bid on any of his stuff.

Usually because flippers only have a limited amount of time to sell their "hot" books.

Walking Dead 1 for $1000 more than a copy has sold for in the last 6 months is a "hot" book to "flip" ?!? meh

Usually because flippers only have a limited amount of time to sell their "hot" books.

Walking Dead 1 for $1000 more than a copy has sold for in the last 6 months is a "hot" book to "flip" ?!? meh

Yea looking at his stuff it isn't like it is all flipping books. Peter Panzface maybe.