• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What up with this slab?

108 posts in this topic

Whether the guy is legit or not, he is being stupid by using pictures like that. If I half suspect something iffy with an ebay seller then I'll always avoid them like the plague and there are plenty of other buyers with a similar thought process. This guy will lose lots of customers who notice the fake pictures.

So the seller has known about the eBay listing error for over 24 hours and he, or his employees, haven't fixed it. hm

Danger Girl was fixed just a few minutes ago.

$T2eC16N,!yEE9s5jE,bVBS!7FLlk1!~~60_57.JPG

Original Picture

dangergirl1chromiumcgc96-2_zps64412333.jpg

I'm still not sure a book with spine stress like that got a 9.6.

Looking at the new top picture, it seems those stress lines aren't there...perhaps the stress lines in the spine were just weird reflections in his photoshop mishap. hm

I think it might be a different book altogether that was photoshopped.

Sorry but why does no on ask a question on the specific listing?

I asked him a question on the specific listing (Danger Girl). I asked him "what's up with the fake slabs? Do people fall for this scam?"

He replied, "Are you referring to the photo of the book? Because that is a template, but I can get you an actual photo of the CGC book. I can assure you this is not a scam."

So I responded "If you can get me an actual photo of the book, why the fake slab in the listing? Why not put the actual photo in the listing?"

He replied "This is an older listing, and we were doing only scans of books rather than photos. But I will add those photos to the listing."

I replied "That makes no sense, I'm reporting your auctions as scams."

He replied "I'd be happy to provide you with any information about the books legitimacy, the listing now includes actual photos of the book."

And I am done replying :)

Sorry but why does no on ask a question on the specific listing?

I asked him a question on the specific listing (Danger Girl). I asked him "what's up with the fake slabs? Do people fall for this scam?"

He replied, "Are you referring to the photo of the book? Because that is a template, but I can get you an actual photo of the CGC book. I can assure you this is not a scam."

So I responded "If you can get me an actual photo of the book, why the fake slab in the listing? Why not put the actual photo in the listing?"

He replied "This is an older listing, and we were doing only scans of books rather than photos. But I will add those photos to the listing."

I replied "That makes no sense, I'm reporting your auctions as scams."

He replied "I'd be happy to provide you with any information about the books legitimacy, the listing now includes actual photos of the book."

And I am done replying :)

Template. :eyeroll:

So the seller has known about the eBay listing error for over 24 hours and he, or his employees, haven't fixed it. hm

Danger Girl was fixed just a few minutes ago.

$T2eC16N,!yEE9s5jE,bVBS!7FLlk1!~~60_57.JPG

Original Picture

dangergirl1chromiumcgc96-2_zps64412333.jpg

I'm still not sure a book with spine stress like that got a 9.6.

Looking at the new top picture, it seems those stress lines aren't there...perhaps the stress lines in the spine were just weird reflections in his photoshop mishap. hm

I think it might be a different book altogether that was photoshopped.

The lighting in the new pics almost hides them, but if you look very closely I think you can still see them.

You can't press those spine dents out of a chromium cover.

Right..you need a spot welder for that.