• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting Creases/Bends out of OA

7 posts in this topic

I just picked up a modern piece of OA that is a little more beat up than I would like. There is some creasing around the edges.

I searched the OA forum but didn't see anything regarding getting the creases/wrinkles out.

Anyone have any good techniques they would like to share?

Thanks!

I just put it in the Itoya and then lay it flat under some other Itoyas. I have had pieces bent badly in the mail and after a year in the portfolio you could hardly tell. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time.

(Its all true but I really replied to work that Shawshank in there.)

I just put it in the Itoya and then lay it flat under some other Itoyas. I have had pieces bent badly in the mail and after a year in the portfolio you could hardly tell. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time.

I would do this, but it's a DPS. Bleh.

I would do this, but it's a DPS. Bleh.

Yeah, that makes it harder. Obviously you could separate two boards or get a large portfolio for it. But yeah, get out a spoon I guess.

Yeah, depends on where the damage is but I've used this technique for all kinds of stock over the years (both prints and OA) with pretty good results. As I said though, maybe try it on something else to see how it works before going straight to the art.

Again, I'd just be very conservative with it but using this (especially on the backside) can work depending on the damage.