• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rose City Comic Con Sept 21-22

41 posts in this topic

Last year was crazy.. the sweat hung in the air like fog lol

This year is gonna be amazing if last year was any indication.

Last year was c-r-a-z-y. 91 degrees outside, 105 inside. :roflmao:

Menace is not kidding about the sweat hanging like a fog - I was there pretty much by myself and drank a gallon of water the first day. . Never left my booth once to pizz I was sweating so much.

Looking forward to this show!! :headbang:

My first year in Portland. I'll be there. Doesn't seem like too many boardies present. Has the group in PDX ever had a forum dinner?

Last year we all sort of just met after the first day and had dinner at Red Robin, which you should avoid because we all got sick.

It was the show from hell, but was tons of fun.

BTW, if you want to help me unload on Friday and want to get into the show for free shoot me a PM.

BTW, I will be bringing an original owner GA collection with me to this show; pre-Robin 'Tec books, Batman 1, Superman 1, and a few others.

My first year in Portland. I'll be there. Doesn't seem like too many boardies present. Has the group in PDX ever had a forum dinner?

Last year we all sort of just met after the first day and had dinner at Red Robin, which you should avoid because we all got sick.

It was the show from hell, but was tons of fun.

Man, I almost forgot about Red Robin, thanks for reminding me.

Maybe I should pick the restaurant this year eh?

Cal impersonator who is counting down the days. :banana:

BTW, if you want to help me unload on Friday and want to get into the show for free shoot me a PM.

BTW, I will be bringing an original owner GA collection with me to this show; pre-Robin 'Tec books, Batman 1, Superman 1, and a few others.

I think you have created a feeding frenzy with that new collection of GA

once in a lifetime find.Congats

Can't wait... I think I got our table assignments...

Will be at A1-A6 in Artist Alley no way to miss us we will be out in force.

I will be set up right across Artist Alley with a table for CGC SS submissions as well.

This is good to hear! Was not going to bring anything with me until I read this!

Just moved back to P-town and looking forward to seeing how the show has grown!

Cheers!

There should be lots of boardies at this show!

I leave tomorrow in the AM for the quick (for us) jaunt to Portland. I will be setting up in the mid afternoon so I hope I see some of you there!

Anyone hanging around the hall we probably will have to grab dinner somewhere :D

I really love the Royal with Cheese :P it wasn't my fault!

Red Robin Yummm
doh!

Yeah, your in Portland guys, plenty of better options than Red Robin. At least hit a McMenamins or something. :facepalm:

Red Robin Yumm is the commercial jingle. Yes, there are lots of good places to eat in PDX though.

So last year I picked up a long box of Conan's for dirt cheap and lot of Walking Dead raw and CGC. I don't even collect WD! Just great deals to be had.

It was a great show, got my X men hardcovers signed by whilce portacio (nice guy!), sat in on a bunch of panels, and saw some beautiful cgc books. Everyone was in a great mood, had a bit of trouble finding things I wanted to buy, but ended up leaving happy with 100 bullets #'s 50-100 for $20. See you all there tommorow.

I just of back. It was sweet! So many things to do and see. Panels were entertaining, Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue were super nice. The only downside was searching for keys I needed. I guess you don't do that at a con. Prices were pretty high in my opinion. Maybe I didn't go to the right vendors or maybe buying off board members and ebay spoiled me.

It's not you, prices were high. I saw a 9.8 issue 1 of saga selling for $500, when I've seen them all day on ebay between $100-150. And still had trouble finding my uncanny x men 141 at a decent price. Best I could find was a raw 9.4 for $130, and I talked him down from $170.

On the upside, the panels were great, matt fraction is hilarious, and everyone was having a great time. My only major show purchase was a raw saga 1 for $80, but the show was worth it for the panels alone, and to meet whilce portacio, who is a really great dude.

Its only got me more exited for wizardworld in janurary.

It's not you, prices were high. I saw a 9.8 issue 1 of saga selling for $500, when I've seen them all day on ebay between $100-150. And still had trouble finding my uncanny x men 141 at a decent price. Best I could find was a raw 9.4 for $130, and I talked him down from $170.

On the upside, the panels were great, matt fraction is hilarious, and everyone was having a great time. My only major show purchase was a raw saga 1 for $80, but the show was worth it for the panels alone, and to meet whilce portacio, who is a really great dude.

Its only got me more exited for wizardworld in janurary.

That's pretty ambitious for a Saga 1 as they normally sell around $130 for CGC 9.8.

Anyone have some pics of this con?