• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your most unusual, screwed up comic that you own?

5 posts in this topic

This is my most unusual comic and it is such an anomaly that I don't know what to call it! The person that I bought it from called it an ashcan, Mark Zaid said it is a copyright deposit issue and others don't know what it is!!!! The unknown cover is glued on an it has the Library of Congress stamp on it. Inside it has an unknown black and white comics printed on velox paper and the comics have nothing to do with Veronica Lake!!!!!!

So I thought I would start a thread about the weird stuff that made it to print. I know I am not the only one who has unusual stuff. So let's see it!!!!!

Ash1001.jpg

Cool stuff but I have a question. What compels the Library of Congress to release stuff like this from their archives? One would think that they would want to hang on to it for as long as possible?

Sometimes it's an "unexpected involuntary release" but in other cases they are no longer required to keep materials to ensure copyright so they clear the shelves for what they believe are more important items.