• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard con walking dead variants

13 posts in this topic

Just curious to hear what you all think of why is it the walking dead variant covers from the wizard cons prices keep going down. Are people just not interested or is it cause the covers are not so great???

The Philly ones have consistently around $70 (cgc 9.8 blue)

The STL, NYC ones have dropped from $120/$150 (blue/ss) to $75/$110.

I attribute most of that to August being a dead season.

Example: TWD #27 was selling for $300 in May.

It is now selling for $250.

They're reprints that people paid a premium for and are now everywhere. As with most "con exclusives" the price is adjusting. They were never going to sustain their market entry price.

WTTB!

They're reprints that people paid a premium for and are now everywhere. As with most "con exclusives" the price is adjusting. They were never going to sustain their market entry price.

+1

High prices for the people who "gotta have it" ASAP, then prices adjust down from there. Same holds true for most variants I think, unless it truly rare. Although, the Portland WW seems to have flattened out around $125.

The Philly ones have consistently around $70 (cgc 9.8 blue)

The STL, NYC ones have dropped from $120/$150 (blue/ss) to $75/$110.

I attribute most of that to August being a dead season.

Example: TWD #27 was selling for $300 in May.

It is now selling for $250.

Before the start of season three #27's were routinely hitting $350+. They come and go I guess.

I thought the Philly one was good. I really like Neal Adam's but Rick and Glenn's faces are to akward on that cover.

Also no a huge fan of EVS's Rick on the latest variant.

Hopefully a good one for Austin. :wishluck: