• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your favorite TOP 5 books that YOU OWN.

120 posts in this topic

1. The Maxx 1 Glow in the Dark CGC SS 9.8 signed by Kieth (Previously his copy)

2. A 2nd The Maxx 1 Glow in the Dark CGC SS 9.8 signed by Kieth (Previously his copy)

3. The Maxx 1 Ashcan - Yellow

4. The Maxx 1 Ashcan - Red

5. The Maxx 1 Ashcan - Blue

MAXX_zps8a1a4b64.jpg

I've got a lot of books I'm extremely fond of, I don't think I could narrow it down to a top 5. I'll look at a books and be all :cloud9: then another and another and it just goes on and on with no end. Even thinking about trying to pick the top 5 makes me :ohnoez:

Most of mine, while key books, also have some sentimental value.

First, ASM 238; This book is signed by Lee, Romita, Romita Jr., and Stern. It'd probably be my favorite book if Lee hadn't signed over Stern's signature.

a677fcbb-5c36-4367-a260-f785efa00214_zpsed313f01.jpg

Next, ASM 3: This is the oldest book in my collection, and it was the biggest purchase I'd made. Doug on the boards helped me out!

275b6c90-4a4f-40c1-9443-98021743aa0b_zps5cace8a2.jpg

I've seen a lot of these, but ASM 300 is my next one. My wife, then girlfriend, bought this for me when we were dating. I knew she was a keeper! It was raw. I thought for sure it'd be a 9.6, but I still love it.

photo3_zpsb27b17fb.jpg

This was another purchase from my wife. It was the first slabbed book I owned. At the time, it didn't have the Lee signature. I love the placement, but I hate that it is in silver. Still a great book.

photo2_zps671f7c93.jpg

The next up is probably not in anyone else's collection. I'm a teacher and loved Peter teaching. This is the first issue he taught. It is one of my favorite books and the Scott Hanna sketch really pushed it over.

cd9889d8-fbdf-4510-aa93-7e8fedbc67c6_zps3f673c47.jpg

Wow that 9.6 copy of ASM 39 is a beauty. That is one book I'd love to upgrade. I love the cover and Romita.

My favorite ASM cover by far and in the top 5 all time for me. Can you believe this was Romita's 1st ASM cover? Like hitting 4 grand slams in 1 game!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Jerry Robinson Collection Bats 1.

Batman1Cover.jpg

Batman1Page1JerryRobinsonAuto.jpg

Love this Wally Wood cover.

WS09.jpg

My favorite Barks story

FourColor408bomtext.jpg

Infamous Matt Baker cover. Took forever to find an affordable copy, then multiple copies started showing up.

DiarySecrets12GiantComicsEdition.jpg

Cheesy story, but I started reading comics books around this time and I still have my torn dog-eared copy from my youth.

Avengers2CGC80.jpg

Batman1Cover.jpg

That one has absolutely perfect registration (worship)

The book has a split spine and slighty brittle pages. Primetime and Bunky Brian checked out my raw copy. There is something really exciting about leafing through a raw Batman #1. I don't get the same feeling with slabbed books.

Jerry Robinson had three copies of Batman #1 in his collection. GAtor got the best copy from All Star Auctions as usual.

Batman1Cover.jpg

That one has absolutely perfect registration (worship)

The book has a split spine and slighty brittle pages. Primetime and Bunky Brian checked out my raw copy. There is something really exciting about leafing through a raw Batman #1. I don't get the same feeling with slabbed books.

Jerry Robinson had three copies of Batman #1 in his collection. GAtor got the best copy from All Star Auctions as usual.

Amazing! :o

I really don't have that many. Maybe just over 100 books total in my ENTIRE comic collection. Pretty fond these.

RAD92C23201273_164310.jpg

RAD7745F201169_131813.jpg

brave79.jpg

batman222.jpg

Am a little reluctant to say Bats 222. Not really my favorite story or book, but it took SO LONG to finally get a copy in decent shape, I gotta list it. Especially since it seems to be a hoarder's delight these days in any condition.

RADB907F2011315_103916.jpg

Honorable mention goes to my 9.4 Bats 232, but there are tons of them out there.