• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen - all issues and variants
13 13

412 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2024 at 6:02 PM, Qalyar said:

I wonder how many other issues exist with this bespoke Eastern News barcode. If I recall correctly, Eastern News primarily did distribution to mini-bookstores in business areas, like the ones in airports. I have to assume that, however many books were printed for them this way, survival rates are, erm, not gonna be great absent warehouse finds.

Yeah, I haven’t seen many. I am amazed at how this survived in the condition it did. It’s going to CGC next week. 

On 3/1/2024 at 3:09 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I haven’t seen many. I am amazed at how this survived in the condition it did. It’s going to CGC next week. 

I've noticed about 1-3 a year pop up on ebay the past couple of years.  Mostly either obvious flaws, or poor photography.  I did notice one in a local shop near me at a FCB sale last year, that one was low grade, I left it.

On 3/1/2024 at 7:06 PM, kenaran said:

I've noticed about 1-3 a year pop up on ebay the past couple of years.  Mostly either obvious flaws, or poor photography.  I did notice one in a local shop near me at a FCB sale last year, that one was low grade, I left it.

Yeah, it’s not often, and I always seem to miss when they do.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:06 PM, Joshua912003 said:

Has anyone had any luck pressing this book? I’ve got a couple light creases on the cover. Not sure if I should try and press or just leave it raw. 

IMG_3754.jpeg

I have had good luck with them, but I send them to a professional used by a lot of us here. ( not the in house guys)

On 7/7/2024 at 7:45 AM, Looch - Mentalist said:

Hi everyone 👋 

just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Wayne. I’m based in the UK and some of you I may have already spoken with. @Iconic1s has been super helpful in offering advice and leads with helping me build my graded collection.

I first got into comics in 93 with this classic storyline and even now in my forties, it still is my go to when reading. I will never forget walking past a comic store here in England and seeing the front cover of Superman #80 and thinking WTH? 😂

Id love to share a few of my more recent pick ups attached!

Kind regards

Wayne 

IMG_4878.jpeg

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4879.jpeg

IMG_4880.jpeg

Welcome to the boards Wayne.   Those are some amazing comic books you have there!   (worship)

On 9/27/2024 at 11:43 AM, Joshua912003 said:

Third time is a charm. Just got it back from the Louise simonson signing. Finally got a 9.8. First two times it came back 9.6. Not sure if I should keep submitting for more sigs or not. 

IMG_4227.jpeg

fond memories of finding this on stands when parents had me in tow, it was an eventful future at the time making impacts, and I'm just glad there are so many sigs of people to still obtain.