• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 Found in Trash-Advice? (Go ahead and attack-Used to it)

78 posts in this topic

Thanks Deathlok-I don't know how to do that!

Waaaaaaait a minute. What happened to your friend the comic dealer who was going to submit the book for you? I thought you said you ALREADY submitted it to CGC? Methinks you might be full of shiite

What are you trying to pull here? mad.gif

Wrong board FFB. You should go over there and play detective. gossip.gif

Thanks Deathlok-I don't know how to do that!

Waaaaaaait a minute. What happened to your friend the comic dealer who was going to submit the book for you? I thought you said you ALREADY submitted it to CGC? Methinks you might be full of shiite

What are you trying to pull here? mad.gif

Wrong board FFB. You should go over there and play detective. gossip.gif

I already backed the guy up on the other board when everyone jumped on him. Now I'm wondering. Anyway, I'll reserve judgment until we see the book in the slab -- or don't see the book in the slab as the case may be. confused-smiley-013.gif

NO-FFB has a legitimate concern-It's what i get for cutting and pasteing some text from the other posts-I HAD to have lost that mention of sending it off to grade already. I'll also note FFB was one of the few that cut me some slack on the other board. So his alarm is understandable. I will post the slabbed book in a few days-I'm on pins and needles to get it myself. Just hold judgement-and FFB-I won't let you down for the support you gave me...you'll see!

NO-FFB has a legitimate concern-It's what i get for cutting and pasteing some text from the other posts-I HAD to have lost that mention of sending it off to grade already. I'll also note FFB was one of the few that cut me some slack on the other board. So his alarm is understandable. I will post the slabbed book in a few days-I'm on pins and needles to get it myself. Just hold judgement-

Why don't you call them and get the grade in advance? Just give them the invoice number . . .

NO-FFB has a legitimate concern-It's what i get for cutting and pasteing some text from the other posts-I HAD to have lost that mention of sending it off to grade already. I'll also note FFB was one of the few that cut me some slack on the other board. So his alarm is understandable. I will post the slabbed book in a few days-I'm on pins and needles to get it myself. Just hold judgement-and FFB-I won't let you down for the support you gave me...you'll see!

Okee doke. thumbsup2.gif Looking forward to seeing the final grade. If you're going to call them, you can do so at 1-877-662-6642. You should call them before 5 p.m. eastern time though. They can tell you the grade right now.

NO-FFB has a legitimate concern-It's what i get for cutting and pasteing some text from the other posts-I HAD to have lost that mention of sending it off to grade already. I'll also note FFB was one of the few that cut me some slack on the other board. So his alarm is understandable. I will post the slabbed book in a few days-I'm on pins and needles to get it myself. Just hold judgement-

Why don't you call them and get the grade in advance? Just give them the invoice number . . .

My guess is GVG (3.0).

There is a lot of water damge there... frown.gif

Just too much for a VG I fear.

Welcome to the boards!

If it were me that had found an FF#1 in the trash in that condition I would done exactly as FFB suggested and send it to Matt Nelson to do some minor work on it. Maybe just a simple C&P on it, then submit it to CGC for grading. Even if it only goes up one grade, on a book like that it could mean a large selling difference.

If it were me that had found an FF#1 in the trash in that condition I would done exactly as FFB suggested and send it to Matt Nelson to do some minor work on it. Maybe just a simple C&P on it, then submit it to CGC for grading. Even if it only goes up one grade, on a book like that it could mean a large selling difference.

After reading this, now I'll be out at 2AM next week with my flashlight going through all my nieghbor's trash cans...

tonofbricks.gif

if he's unhappy with the grade, he can still do it...........i guess he didn't call for the grade today............. wink.gif

Would it be beneficial though to submit it as a restore vice an unrestored? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Would it be beneficial though to submit it as a restore vice an unrestored? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are certain "improvements" that can be made to a comic that CGC does not consider restoration. It's these type of things that I would have done to it.

I dunno if this guy's for real or not, but who knows. I found $550 one time while crossing the street. Used it to buy a computer. yay.gif

the only thing I find in the trash is junk although i did find an antique mirror once...but i left it because i couldn't carry it home...oh well.