• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller Setting Up at Baltimore Comic Con! (and Help Wanted!)

31 posts in this topic

I'm going to be setting up at Baltimore again this year, with far better material than I had last year.

Right now, I hope to bring 10 - 11 mag boxes of fresh, completely new material from last year, high grade, keys etc.

I have at least two, maybe 3 short boxes of modern keys.

I will have four boxes of CGC material, possibly more, including several modern keys and of course tons of silver/bronze including:

Action 242 CGC 8.0, JIM 83 CGC 7.0, ST 135 CGC 9.4, Detective 405 CGC 9.8 (and 9.6), Batman 251 CGC 9.4, FFs, Avengers, etc.

Everything will be offered at fair prices and I am happy to deal. Although I am sure I will be hit at set up, my intention is to offer a standard discount whether dealer or collector in hopes that a good deal of material will last. I have a back up round set that isn't as well organized for the public but the deals will be far better than anything I offer in mylars.

A few books will be priced insane, so please don't think that represents my inventory (like the Action 242 CGC 8.0 will be there).

MOST importantly, I'd like some help from a local boardie or two. If you know me, you know I don't want to lift boxes. Here's what you have to do:

Meet at my house by 9:30 AM in the morning. Be prepared to lift 12-14 mag boxes, 6 or 8 long boxes, probably another 6-8 short boxes (that's it!) out of my house and into the van. Ride with either myself in my car or Ben in the van to the convention center, help us both unload with the help of a hand truck. Be available (but not tied to) the booth to help us watch over all 3 days. Help reload the van and re-lift boxes into the house. I don't really want to move boxes, so don't be surprised when I just stand there. However, I want to pay fairly for that so... see below.

What you get:

$100 a day. Free lunch all 3 days. Wrist band to get in. Water, soda throughout the day. Dinner one night as part of a group.

Please PM me if interested.

One more. Do I have to wear shoes or are flip flops provided?

Even I won't wear flip flops while moving boxes, so they can be provided following the boxes being moved.

As for going topless, it's encouraged.

What if a boardie does not like $100/day cash, and prefers to be compensated with say $150/day of Foolkiller comic book credit instead spread out over 3 days, thus no $450 of cherrypicking during 1st day set up to give the public a chance at some nice vintage comics too? One can never have enough comics. :applause:

What if a boardie does not like $100/day cash, and prefers to be compensated with say $150/day of Foolkiller comic book credit instead spread out over 3 days, thus no $450 of cherrypicking during 1st day set up to give the public a chance at some nice vintage comics too? One can never have enough comics. :applause:

Yes I would do that. Get ready to lift some boxes though

What if a boardie does not like $100/day cash, and prefers to be compensated with say $150/day of sweet tattoo credit and Foolkiller agrees to also get a matching Strawberry Shortcake tattoo on his rump?

What if a boardie does not like $100/day cash, and prefers to be compensated with say $150/day of sweet tattoo credit and Foolkiller agrees to also get a matching Strawberry Shortcake tattoo on his rump?

Why do you want another Strawberry Shortcake tattoo?

What's the going rate for just wanting to come & hang out? ;)

$450 for the weekend, you have to be topless and in sandles, and you have to get some person_without_enough_empathy tattooed on your .

Or something like that.