• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Modern Super Hero run?

92 posts in this topic

I would strongly suggest it if you haven't read them. I loved USM. It was a modern reselling of a great story.

I was shocked by Invincible. I love it, all of my kids love it. It has the same kind of feel as USM as they started around the same time but I promise you won't expect it to be like it is. Im still surprised that this book sells less month and cheaper on the secondary market than TWD. TV shows are powerful stuff to have that outcome. It used to be the other way around.

I'm amazed when I see the sales numbers on Invincible. It should be much higher.

The first two Invincible Compendiums are out. buy them on Amazon. immediately.

that gets you from #1-96. then get the rest in floppies

you're welcome.

I've been looking at them> I already have SO much to read though!! :cry:

YTLM

Preacher

Hack/Slash

Finishing Brubaker's Daredevil Run

Waid's Daredevil Run

The Sixth Gun

Strangers in Paradise

Hawkeye

From what everyone is saying, I feel like I gotta pick up Ultimate Spider-man and Invincible! :P

If you've never read USM, you really should. The entire series is good, but the first 50 or so issues is incredible.

Compendiums are so big and clunky they are tough to read in bed lol

And yes, USM's first 60-70 issues are outstanding.

I was a bit late to the Invincible party. I bought the book in Ultimate Collections which were oversized. They made the art look beautiful! Only reason I could afford them was because I was working at my LCS and got a huge discount at the time.

you're welcome.

Here is the first really cheap on ebay! (thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161023109121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

you're welcome.

Here is the first really cheap on ebay! (thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161023109121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Even cheaper on amazon!

I would strongly suggest it if you haven't read them. I loved USM. It was a modern reselling of a great story.

I was shocked by Invincible. I love it, all of my kids love it. It has the same kind of feel as USM as they started around the same time but I promise you won't expect it to be like it is. Im still surprised that this book sells less month and cheaper on the secondary market than TWD. TV shows are powerful stuff to have that outcome. It used to be the other way around.

I'm amazed when I see the sales numbers on Invincible. It should be much higher.

I think that is why Marvel and DC renumber or start new numbering. How many Wolverine and Avengers or even New Avengers number 1 issues are there ? I think it's good marketing in the short term but I'm not sure of the long term effect on sales. How many indie books make it to number 100 ? Spawn, Savage Dragon, Walking Dead, Invincible, Cerebus, and maybe a few more. Kirkman putting out the compendiums is genius. Great prices so people who missed out in the beginning can jump in. Even with that, a lot of people like to get in on the ground floor.

Even cheaper on amazon!

Not with shipping tacked on? (shrug)

Amazon has free shipping option.

At least for us Canadians.

When I checked, the compendium wasn't for sale by Amazon on Amazon. In the states you can't get free shipping if it isn't sold by Amazon.

Peter David was top notch and stays on title so long that they become his. His Hulk run, while not really modern, was great.

David's Hulk run is legend in my opinion. There is nothing better except this small Hulk run called Planet Hulk a few years back. Up till then I didn't think anyone would do the Hulk as good as David ever.

I've spent the week re-reading Invincible. I'm up to the Viltrumite War plotline (like issue 75). I just continue to be blown away by this book. Just outstanding stuff. I re-read USM the last month too. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more. I guess I've read Invincible more quickly; I'm having trouble putting the book down.

Funny, I just mentioned in TWD thread that I really want to read a book that excites me issue to issue again. I get that with DD stuff but in a different way. I want something entirely new and I think Invicible may just be it.

Yes! Do yourself a favor and pick it up. By the Compendium but don't stop! The first 12 issues are good, but the series really gets rolling after all the set up.

I promise you won't be able to put it down. I've always said it is Kirkman's best work- even better than TWD.

I always thought Invincible 1-25 was brilliant. It then lulls I thought till the V war starts up and then takes off again.