• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect Grading service

11 posts in this topic

Strikes as a way to drum up consignments from people that have been out of the hobby a long time.

Consider that Vinny is on TVa lot. Every month it seems. There are bound to be a lot of people that have been out of the hobby a long time that see him on TV and maybe wonder about selling those old comics when they hear about him selling this Action 1 and that Action 1 for umpteen thousand dollars. Metro/CC aren't dumb, they know the exposure they get on TV and the potential for phone calls or emails from people with good books to consign. In other words, if it were me running the show, it would be a grading service in name and function perhaps, but its true purpose would be to act as a scouting mechanism for killer consignments.

Again, speculating, but to me its a way to give the 85 year old guy with a golden age collection an extra reason to call comicconnect first, perhaps before he or she has even truly decided whether they want to sell.

Why is this post still here?

that's a good question, it'd seem to be at least partially a direct competitor with CGC as a grading service.

Then again there are pressing posts about joey and he's their competition too.

Part of Comic Connect's grading service is that it offers recommendations for encapsulation. Comic Connect is, in some cases, pushing business directly to CGC.

Part of Comic Connect's grading service is that it offers recommendations for encapsulation. Comic Connect is, in some cases, pushing business directly to CGC.

I am sure Metro slabs quite a few of their own books as well.