• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

best of the best sketches subforum?

11 posts in this topic

The best of the best contests are one of my favorite things on this site. It seems like they get lost in all the posts, it would be nice if the powers that be started a subforum to keep them all organized.

There is a website with links to all the forums... Well when it is updated that is.....

You're welcome to volunteer your time to help update it :baiting:

:shy: Just poking fun, I doubt the site gets enough traffic to justify committing much time to. It is a useful resource for old BOTB threads though.

Hope you are not talking about the cgcsketch.com website :(

I know it need to be updated and I will I promise you.

Me and DScott has take a break from the "Best of the Best" but now Dscott is back and do I. I will try to make some tiny update each week and then the site will be update. This is a lot of work and yes it generate a lot of trafic mind you ;)

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, since these Best Of's are fun and brings out some great art, has there ever been consideration given to doing something similar with commissioned art (ex. 11x17 pieces, non-blank covers)? Seems like that could be a fun way to bring out some great art as well in the spirit of fun competition.

Out of curiosity, since these Best Of's are fun and brings out some great art, has there ever been consideration given to doing something similar with commissioned art (ex. 11x17 pieces, non-blank covers)? Seems like that could be a fun way to bring out some great art as well in the spirit of fun competition.

Maybe in the Original Art thread. But most people enjoy yellow labels here.

Maybe in the Original Art thread. But most people enjoy yellow labels here.

Well we do have the green label contest as well, but besides yellow labels I don't think DScott and Erik B have much time for updating the site it is all volunteer from them. I think the criteria for being a CGC site is the comic or artwork in question needs to be graded in some form whether it be the official yellow or the unofficial green to be considered for a contest. If its not graded we should not consider it for a contest on these boards. With that being said I don't discourage from showing original artwork itself on the boards.