• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk vs Thing vs Thor - Who's strongest? Answer comes from their creators!

61 posts in this topic

It depends on which series you read actually. It also depends on your definition of birth.

One of Superman's origins has his ship as a birthing matrix. So he was "born" on Earth when it opened. Doesn't make him human although it does make him a US citizen...

Thor's entire race is comprised of shapeshifting aliens if you read Earth X/Paradise X, etc. That's an alternate future though and outside of Main Marvel Continuity.

Thor's god status actually has nothing to do with his fighting prowess. Asgardians are not immortal, just long-lived (unlike the Olympians who ARE immortal).

Thor #385 is undoubtedly the most one-sided of all the Thor vs Hulk battles (in favour of 'ol Greenskin). However the inker Vince Colletta admitted to having gone a little overboard in one particular panel that shows Thor to be far more bruised than was ever intended.

Check out one of the recent Hulk Annuals (2002 ?), for payback time !!! headbang.gif

Thor #385 is undoubtedly the most one-sided of all the Thor vs Hulk battles (in favour of 'ol Greenskin). However the inker Vince Colletta admitted to having gone a little overboard in one particular panel that shows Thor to be far more bruised than was ever intended.

Check out one of the recent Hulk Annuals (2002 ?), for payback time !!! headbang.gif

I did not know that. Will pick that one up for sure.

3 more Hulk issues I would recommend are #440, #457 and #461.

In #440 Savage Hulk and a beserker rage Thor (with 10 x his normal strength) battle at the North Pole. Despite the huge advantage that Thor should have the battle is basically a draw, until the army fire a nuclear missile at them both as they are too much of a danger.

In #457 Apocolypse has implanted Celestial technology into the Hulk that turns him into War Hulk. Amongst his more impressive feats, he throws a pyramid on to the Absorbing Man in #456 and utterly humiliates the Juggernaut in battle before threatening to decapitate him with a sword.

In #461 a Maestro powered Destroyer battles the Hulk in a totally one-sided contest. Maestro is one of the few who's will can overcome the Destroyer's programming (like Odin and Thor) so he essentially toys with the Hulk, cracking his ribs and knocks him around for a while.

41319167562.440.GIF

41319167562.457.GIF

41319167562.461.GIF

lol, 27_laughing.gif, 27_laughing.gif. Sups beat Hulk and Thor one on one, please! Sups used to get beat up by Jimmy Olsen in every other issue of Superman's pal. Wizard had a poll as to who would win a few years back and Thor came out with 80+%.

Points about Superman, we all know he is vunerable to Krytonite, but he is also vulnerable to magic and mystics. In action comics annual 1, Batman had to save Sups from a vampire, 27_laughing.gif. Thors powers are mystical, Sups would be on his knees like a baby, and as for JLA vs Avengers, that was the biggest let down I have ever read, George should go read some of the older comics and learn something about the characters. As for Hulk, he would beat them both up, he is the strongest one there is "smash puny red capes" He is class 100+ strength, as are Supes and Thor, but enraged he will just get stronger beyond their region. He has a healing factor. He is close to ten time heaviar than Supes, and three times heaviar than Thor. Put a light weight boxer against a heavyweight, and see what happens! I grew up reading Superman comics, I know he is no match, as is Thor.

lol, 27_laughing.gif, 27_laughing.gif. Sups beat Hulk and Thor one on one, please! Sups used to get beat up by Jimmy Olsen in every other issue of Superman's pal. Wizard had a poll as to who would win a few years back and Thor came out with 80+%.

Points about Superman, we all know he is vunerable to Krytonite, but he is also vulnerable to magic and mystics. In action comics annual 1, Batman had to save Sups from a vampire, 27_laughing.gif. Thors powers are mystical, Sups would be on his knees like a baby, and as for JLA vs Avengers, that was the biggest let down I have ever read, George should go read some of the older comics and learn something about the characters. As for Hulk, he would beat them both up, he is the strongest one there is "smash puny red capes" He is class 100+ strength, as are Supes and Thor, but enraged he will just get stronger beyond their region. He has a healing factor. He is close to ten time heaviar than Supes, and three times heaviar than Thor. Put a light weight boxer against a heavyweight, and see what happens! I grew up reading Superman comics, I know he is no match, as is Thor.

OT - I may be repeating myself but that JLA/Avengers must have been written by someone from DC because I found that they favoured DC characters (especially Superman) a little too much. The Thor battle was a huge let down. Time for a rematch I would think.

OT - I may be repeating myself but that JLA/Avengers must have been written by someone from DC because I found that they favoured DC characters (especially Superman) a little too much. The Thor battle was a huge let down. Time for a rematch I would think.

I think Busiek is set to write an arc for JLA starting with 107.

I think Busiek is set to write an arc for JLA starting with 107.

Aha, I knew!! devil.gifstooges.gif

3 more Hulk issues I would recommend are #440, #457 and #461.

In #440 Savage Hulk and a beserker rage Thor (with 10 x his normal strength) battle at the North Pole. Despite the huge advantage that Thor should have the battle is basically a draw, until the army fire a nuclear missile at them both as they are too much of a danger.

In #457 Apocolypse has implanted Celestial technology into the Hulk that turns him into War Hulk. Amongst his more impressive feats, he throws a pyramid on to the Absorbing Man in #456 and utterly humiliates the Juggernaut in battle before threatening to decapitate him with a sword.

In #461 a Maestro powered Destroyer battles the Hulk in a totally one-sided contest. Maestro is one of the few who's will can overcome the Destroyer's programming (like Odin and Thor) so he essentially toys with the Hulk, cracking his ribs and knocks him around for a while.

41319167562.440.GIF

41319167562.457.GIF

41319167562.461.GIF

Shades of Rob Liefeld!!!! 893whatthe.gif