• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ongoing X-Men sales thread - CLOSED

359 posts in this topic

:news: All books up to and including #103 are sold, available books begin on page 23.

:news: Nearly all books below #30 are sold, books that are available start at page 7.

:news: New listings of #31-up start on page 7 of this thread. All can be combined with previously listed discounted books for shipping. New package deal on the 12 remaining books from the early part of this thread also on page 7.

:news: Prices now dropped at least 20% on all remaining X-Men books! :o New prices reflect this discount.

:news: Prices dropped 10% on all the remaining X-Men! New prices next to slashed old prices reflect this discount. This discount does not apply to the pre-hero books added, just the X-Men. :news:

:news: I've added a couple of Marvel pre-hero undercopies to the end of the thread (currently page 6 ). I may be adding more depending on how much time I have. In the meantime feel free to make offers on these or any of the remaining X-Men. I hope to do a recap of those and hopefully start adding more books as soon as possible.

This thread is the beginning of what should be a complete run of X-Men #2-up (I'm keeping the #1 for myself). The first installment will be #2-30, without the #3, 4 and 6 as they have been sent to CGC for grading and will be available at a later date.

Books are graded conservatively and all will have front and back scans with any details about their condition provided. I haven't done any color corrections on the scans either. If you want to see anything additional feel free to ask.

HOS or folks on probation are not welcome to buy, but anyone else is, so whether you are in the US or international I'm happy to sell to you assuming that you will pay for trackable shipping to your location, which is additional and will be calculated at cost whether you buy one book or all of them.

Paypal, checks (which will clear unless I know you), or MOs are happily accepted. If you are outside the US you must pay via Paypal.

As these are raw books I will accept returns if you are not satisfied. Return shipping is on you if it is a simple matter of a normal disagreement in grade, but if I missed something material (like resto) then I will also pay return shipping. Money will be refunded after I get the same book in the same grade back in hand. Any CGC books listed are non-returnable as they are a known quantity.

I'll gladly take PM offers on these, and will be more flexible with lots than I would be with individual books.

X-Men #2 - 1.0 - asking $85 $78 + shipping SOLD :news:

Obviously, the book has a piece out of the front cover and another smaller piece out at the spine. There are also a couple of tiny slivers of tape on the cover at the lower margin of the hole where it looks like it was cut. Excepting those flaws this is a very nicely presenting copy that would be about VG/F if those pieces were intact. Cover and centerfold are well-attached at both staples, PQ is quite nice. It looks like there may be a bit of coloring in around the right side of the tear near the title, but in this grade range I'm not sure it matters much, and if it is CT its done well.

Latest OSPG 2.0 on this book is $152, and while this book is obviously not a 2.0 it is still a very solid copy for someone on a budget.

X-Men02.jpg

X-Men02bc.jpg

X-Men #5 - about 3.0 - asking $100 + shipping SOLD :news:

Very solid copy with light edge wear and cover wrinkling, a small scrape near spine, and a roughly ½” triangle missing out of lower left corner of back cover as its main defects. Cover and centerfold solidly attached at both staples.

Latest OSPG on this book is $61 in G and $122 in VG, but with this being the second appearance of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch I'm going to start it out at a bit more than halfway between them.

X-Men05.jpg

X-Men05bc.jpg

X-Men #7 - apparent Fine - asking $45 + shipping SOLD :news:

Nice looking book, but it has three total small spots of CT along spine (two the size of pin heads), and it has been trimmed on all three open edges (none of the art panels are affected). There is also a small hole at the lower staple hole of the upper staple. Cover and centerfold solidly attached everywhere. But solid eye appeal if you don't mind all the work done.

Latest OSPG on this book is $49 in Good 2.0. I'm starting this one at slightly below that price.

X-Men07.jpg

X-Men07bc.jpg

X-Men #8 - VG 4.0 - asking $75 $68 $61 + shipping SOLD :news:

Light edge wear, ½” tear on bottom edge of front cover, small stain on top edge of back cover that does not affect pages. What might look like staining towards the top of the front cover is not staining, but a couple of bends. Cover has fading that seems fairly typical for this book for whatever reason.

Latest OSPG has this book at $82 for VG 4.0.

X-Men08.jpg

X-Men08bc.jpg

X-Men #9 - VG 4.0 - asking $75 $68 $61+ shipping SOLD via PM :news:

This copy looks great, and would be solid Fine if not for the ink in the number box that slightly bleeds through (not a color touch, not sure what it is). Otherwise this copy has just light edge and spine wear.

Latest OSPG has this book at $82 in VG 4.0.

X-Men09.jpg

X-Men09bc.jpg

X-Men #10 - VG 4.0 - asking $75 $68 $61+ shipping SOLD :news:

This copy has light general wear, a small stain at upper right corner of the front cover, and a small piece missing at bottom of spine as its primary defects.

Latest OSPG has this issue at $84 in VG 4.0.

X-Men10.jpg

X-Men10bc.jpg

X-Men #11 - G/VG 3.0 - asking $45 $40 $36 + shipping SOLD :news:

Solid book with light subscription crease, general light wear, and sadly the obvious fingerprinting issues. It has gorgeous PQ.

Latest OSPG has this book at $41 in 2.0 and $82 in 4.0. I priced this book just above the 2.0 price to reflect the fingerprints.

X-Men11.jpg

X-Men11bc.jpg

X-Men #12 (1st Juggernaut) - 4.0 - asking $95 + shipping SOLD :news:

Nice solid book with great color, the obvious issue being the subscription crease. What looks like it could be a stain on back cover at top of sub crease is just a little soiling around the crease, not a stain.

Latest OSPG for a 4.0 is $90.

X-Men12.jpg

X-Men12bc.jpg

X-Men #13 (2nd Juggernaut) - G/VG 3.0 - asking $36 $32 $29 + shipping SOLD :news:

Very bright colors and gloss, lots of non-color breaking wrinkling on covers, small piece out of both front and back covers, solid lower grade book.

Latest OSPG has a 2.0 at $29, priced slightly above that.

X-Men13.jpg

X-Men13bc.jpg

X-Men #14 (1st Sentinels) - 7.5 VF- - asking $99 + shipping SOLD :news:

Gorgeous book I would be tempted to call a straight VF except it has 2 small holes in spine (the larger of the two is at the Sentinel's outstretched finger), it also has a light 1” non-color breaking bend in upper left corner, only very light wear otherwise.

Latest OSPG has this book at $90 in VF 8.0, but I like this copy and wouldn't be sad to keep it.

X-Men14.jpg

X-Men14bc.jpg