• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OA Question as to value Mark Bagley Spiderman Piece

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have no clue when it comes to original art. This is the only piece I own and it was a gift from an ex-girlfiend, which I am thinking of parting with. It is from Ultimate Spiderman #40 it is Mark Bagley Art/ Art Thibert Inks on Hack Shack Studios paper. This issue is the one where Spiderman wears a make shift costume ( either Aunt May shrunk or didn't wash his regular one, I forget which) so I don't know if that hurts the value or not.. Also where is the best place if I do decide to sell it ebay, comiclink auction, heritage etc... I appreciate the help, Thanks in advance... Ralph

photo Spidey1_zps651cdb20.jpg

photo Spidey3_zpsd019fa40.jpg

photo f7e9e349-5c97-41d4-8eff-992b6e61a9a8_zps04a5f1ca.jpg

photo 40ed2ef8-81a0-4709-9eed-a96a8d13eb45_zpsb9b90852.jpg

closeup spidey 40 photo 2dc60b18-de17-4eed-bd0f-f56b515af3a4_zps3b16f7a1.jpg

photo spidey9_zps8a83fdd8.jpg

I'd guess roughly the same $100 to $150, but a part of me thinks the Mark Bagley Spider-Man art market will mature and be appreciated in the next 10-20 years if you can wait and see pieces climb similarly how a lot of the 1980's marvel stuff by Keith Pollard, Sal Buscema and other good middle of the road artists on popular titles/characters seem to command good value.

This is a nice page overall too.

If you want to get comperable pricing, you might want to explore the archive at Heritage Auctions. Once you sign-up and get an id, you can search for piece by Guice and see what they have sold for.

if you want more data, join the Comic Art Fans site, pay for Market Data access, and access eBay and other auction sites as well as Heritage.

Finally, you can search current dealer sites. There is a list of dealers on this board and the Dragonberry site has a list as well.

As for selling, all of the bigger comic auction sites work well (Heritage, ComicLink, ComicConnect), but they charge different amounts for the service.

After your research, I'd pick a pricing and try in on the CGC OA Board's Marketplace since it's free. After that, try eBay and set the starting price at something you could live with.

I collect USM art - I'd put the value of this one at 100-150 just cause of the costume. Had it been spidey in his regular costume I'd say double or triple the value.

As for the speculation as to when USM pieces will start going up in value in a spectacular fashion. I'd give it another 5-10 years.