• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing Tnerb

5 posts in this topic

And I didn't even really aim at him...

Not that many years ago, I was in a select group of people who would rather post in the journals, as opposed to communicating in the chat boards...I ghosted the boards some, made a handful of comments, and decided that the journals were for me.

Some time later, Tnerb caught the CGC bug, and he caught it bad - grading New Mutants? Really? You might as well slab Science Fiction books from the 60's - no-one else really cares...

Except

There's something addictive about Tnerb, about his passion, about his writing style, and about his collection...and after meeting him - there's something addictive about him.

And now that he has a new job, and is no longer slinging hash in the middle of the night - well - he doesn't seem to have as much time to write. Neither journals nor blog, and my day seems emptier without reading his words.

In the spirit of his writing - we should do some ourselves...I don't know what, I'm definately not a writer of any magnatude - nor am I a particularly good wordsmith when I do write. But the journals seem an emptier place without his input, and without our comments.

Random photo from my Cambodia vacation below...

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

14192.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Thank you!

I'm trying to get used to the new job. And though it is getting easier, it does cut into the time I get to write. I hood that will change shortly. I was also getting books ready for the Baltimore ComicCon which Bagofleas had been helping me with. I hope to get back onto a writing schedule soon.

Tnerb

Good to hear from you Tnerb! Even though it is just a comment on Lee's journal, I'll take it! You know very well you are missed by the comics community and we look forward to your return to writing. Can't wait to hear how the new job is treating you and what you plan to have signed/graded in Baltimore.

Lee, that picture looks straight out of Disneyland when I was waiting to ride Indiana Jones! That's meant as a compliment...very cool picture and hard to believe it's real. Must have been something to actually be there.

sig.jpg

Lee,

What part of Cambodia was that? Siem Reap? My Wife's family is actually from all over and my brother in law just finished his wedding ceremony in Batambang. Most of her family is from Phenom Penn but we tend to always hang out along the Gulf of Thailand in Sinoukville... Probably way off on spelling.

Anyways its a truly beautiful country and we love going over there when we have a chance. Usually bring clothes the kids have out grown and toys that would otherwise find themselves in box's in the garage after each Christmas clears out the old.

Next May we plan to take another trip there and I was thinking of bringing a few stacks of reader quality kids comics which my LCS tends to push to the Quarter and Dime stacks also known as the 90's Fine and below's.

But back to the main topic, yep I miss reading those Tnerbiest adventures of comic wonderfulness..... I can say I have been off my game a little as well. Lot's going on over here and while I do make some small comments usually don't have much time to write a more detailed Journal posting.

5116_89583245838_6964742_n.jpg

Kaholo~

The pic is from the Koh Ker complex - about a 2-hour drive out of Siem Reap. Although we wanted to do all the temples in the Angkor complex when we went this spring, I paid some extra for a car & driver to take us to Koh Ker, Beng Melea, & Kulun Mountain. Each of these was an experience. Since we went at the peak of the hot season, right before the new year in April, many of the temple areas were vacant - I enjoyed Koh Ker with just my wife and one other photographer and was able to get photos there and many other places without other vacationers in them.

It is cool that you do something for the people - I was overwhelmed by the kindness of the people, particularly when contrasted with the poorness.

Lee