• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my first collection!

26 posts in this topic

Woot!

So my partner and I (Mazzman77) bought our first collection last weekend. After 3 visits, lots of sorting, and some negotiating.. We purchased somewhere between 8,000 and 10,000 comics. The books are almost 100% OO books purchased and stored terribly.. The books were in an assortment of boxes and honestly, it's quite the task to sort. There was also about 1,000 comic related magazines as well (creepy, eerie, vampi, conan, and some sweet eerie publications).

It will be awhile before we have everything sorted, and honestly much of the UHG books do need a press due to storage conditions. But lots of Bronze and Copper, with a real emphasis on BA Horror from Marvel. An amazing collection that I am excited to bring to market! There are quite a few keys, and some with duplicates. Most notably are X-Men 94 (8.0 ish), Giant Size X-Men 1 (9.0 ish), and Hulk 180 8.0 ish, with many other books in the 9.0-9.6 range.

Just wanted to share our excitement!

Woot!

So my partner and I (Mazzman77) bought our first collection last weekend. After 3 visits, lots of sorting, and some negotiating.. We purchased somewhere between 8,000 and 10,000 comics. The books are almost 100% OO books purchased and stored terribly.. The books were in an assortment of boxes and honestly, it's quite the task to sort. There was also about 1,000 comic related magazines as well (creepy, eerie, vampi, conan, and some sweet eerie publications).

It will be awhile before we have everything sorted, and honestly much of the UHG books do need a press due to storage conditions. But lots of Bronze and Copper, with a real emphasis on BA Horror from Marvel. An amazing collection that I am excited to bring to market! There are quite a few keys, and some with duplicates. Most notably are X-Men 94 (8.0 ish), Giant Size X-Men 1 (9.0 ish), and Hulk 180 8.0 ish, with many other books in the 9.0-9.6 range.

rantrant

this thread is worthless without pictures

:wishluck:

Woot!

rantrant

this thread is worthless without pictures

:wishluck:

I will post up some pics tonight, it is virtually unsorted and took (3) trips filling my Tahoe to get here, and Anthonys house.

Creepy 32? :popcorn:

My thoughts exactly! 9.6 maybe? :wishluck:

Hell, I'll take any from VG and up. :takeit:

I did see that, the magazines are all I sorted so far. I have about 200 books to grade and process before the next show, so I am not doing too much with the books yet.

Some cool magazines to note so far.

1st Starlord 8.5 ish

1st Rocket Raccoon (1) 8.5, (1) 9.0/9.2

Creepy 1 VG

UHG run of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu

Howard The Duck #1

And a ton of stuff I have never seen before. The magazines have been amusing by themselves.