• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

In the rich, long tradition of the boards, there have not been "safe zones" for commenting and "unsafe" zones for commenting. There has been, "the boards".

So if some noobs want to come in and cry that I gave an opinion in the wrong place, and this is the new direction of the boards, then so be it. I will adapt. I weathered Greggy and Deathlok. I weathered the beehive. This crop will also pass.

As for me trolling, that is the epitome of a newbish thing to say. No one who knows me would describe me as a troll. No one.

And as for me letting it go, I posted once, and for the record, the series of events and names thrown at me, since they were scrubbed. That's it. One post, so that the record would be straight.

If I really WERE a troll, I'd be doing much more.

I had no problems with the criticism in this thread. However, he had no need to be an in the posting thread itself. Yeah, someone cleaned it up already, but it was still there.

+1, I was just about to post that. That's what prompted my first comment on the whole thing.

+ 2

I'm glad the mods cleaned up that nonsense posted by ogami. I don't know why he would attempt to sink the thread right from the get go. It's a shame when a few miscreants try to ruin things for the rest of us. :(

lol

I had no problems with the criticism in this thread. However, he had no need to be an in the posting thread itself. Yeah, someone cleaned it up already, but it was still there.

+1, I was just about to post that. That's what prompted my first comment on the whole thing.

+ 2

I'm glad the mods cleaned up that nonsense posted by ogami. I don't know why he would attempt to sink the thread right from the get go. It's a shame when a few miscreants try to ruin things for the rest of us. :(

lol

Ya liked that, huh? (thumbs u

Dear lord, please give HulkSmash an extra ice cream cone to enjoy, and protect him from all the mean Internet trolls. He has so much wisdom to impart and such an impressive history of productive posting. Don't let trolls affect his important work. Amen.

Dear lord, please give HulkSmash an extra ice cream cone to enjoy, and protect him from all the mean Internet trolls. He has so much wisdom to impart and such an impressive history of productive posting. Don't let trolls affect his important work. Amen.

Dude, I say that same prayer every night before I go to sleep. I don't refer to myself in the third person, though. I change that part up.

You guys are slaying me.

You've called me every name in the book while also at the same time tried to take the moral high ground.

HulkSmash trolled me like I was his biznatch when he first joined - at least I think it's the same guy but with a different avatar. Ignore.

As for the rest, it's just a bit of a culture clash that I didn't know existed and people who have been here more than just a short while remember the boards differently than the way they are now.

Ogami is one of the most respectful posters on this forum bar none.

Oh, and Ogamie? STFU please. :grin:

You guys are slaying me.

You've called me every name in the book while also at the same time tried to take the moral high ground.

HulkSmash trolled me like I was his biznatch when he first joined - at least I think it's the same guy but with a different avatar. Ignore.

As for the rest, it's just a bit of a culture clash that I didn't know existed and people who have been here more than just a short while remember the boards differently than the way they are now.

:whee:

:facepalm:

I'm sorry but this is ridculous. You and techtre and others had the opportunity to approach Ogami's comments with just a bit of class but you decided to go with doosh and and STFU.

Where in the real world is that acceptable? Where in the real world does that not get you shunned into the corner for being a misfit with absolutely no social graces? Even the sketchy looking guys playing card games at the lcs on a Saturday night would be put off. Well, maybe half of them.

You have gone on the attack and labeled anyone who questioned you as a troll. Community spirit to the rescue. Yay! lol

Guess what, was Ogami 100% right that the rules were broken on the first post after a long time of coming up with rules? YES. Was his intention to point out the comedy/silliness of this or was it to be the usual internet donkey?

I know the answer to that but none of you sure as hell do because you jumped to doosh, azz and STFU instantly. Nicely done. CGC Board Powers Activate!!!

Humor me and read this and tell me if you or techtre or hulksmash have once again just said "do as I say and not as I do."

Or you can choose to "not respond to a troll" and act like a 12 year old instead of having a discussion in a discussion thread.

:foryou:

Ogami[/b]]You guys are slaying me.

Geez hippie. It is right there.

I think your Head and Shoulders is melting your brain.

CGC Board Powers Activate!!!

OK, I know that I just nominated Kav's BL post for "Post Of The Year" but can I nominate this for "Phrase Of The Year"?

:roflmao:

Oh, and respect to techvoodoo, CAHokie and the rest that are putting in work to get the thread going with good intention. I think it's a good idea and everyone appreciates it. I just think that maybe some cooler heads would prevail.

Ogami[/b]]You guys are slaying me.

Geez hippie. It is right there.

I think your Head and Shoulders is melting your brain.

Is this where I turn green and flex my hair for having a mistake typo pointed out?

Was his intention to point out the comedy/silliness of this or was it to be the usual internet donkey?

I know the answer to that but none of you sure as hell do

Umm, not sure if you know this but he actually said he was kidding or something to that effect. This is why I thought everyone was kidding around. It was ovbvious he was being facetious from the beginning. His post was deleted from the thread when the mods cleaned it up. Please tell me no one is actually serious in these posts here. If you are, remove the stick from your butts. :)