• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

can your site email me when my thread is updated?

You bet.

It's highly configurable. There are more bells and whistles on this site than anyone would probably ever need. You just select what you want.

Here are the notification options:

9qqEezA.png

excellent! Then I have no issues using a different site.

I like it Ditch.

About all I'd have to trade is a bunch of raw moderns so I don't know if anyone would want my stuff but I'd at least try it out :)

I have a bunch of junk so I'm not sure anyone would want my stuff (no one has thus far), but I'd try it out too

Nah, not in the hospital - I spent the entire month of February there and that was enough :) I'm staying at my parent's house in Pittsburgh (my house is in Maryland) recovering and the doctors said not to do the drive home and not to return to work.

I was thinking about posting this in the trading post thread, but I'm not 100% sure if it's against forum rules. I'm going to be selling a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag revolver to drum up some funds for a new book, and I thought maybe I'd just try and do a trade here first before selling.

A while back I posted an M1a rifle in the WTB forum and I never thought to check to see if the forum has any rules about listing firearms for trade. I wouldn't try to sell firearms outright here, I think that's outside the scope of what the forum is about, but for trading would it be an issue? Obviously I'd require all state and federal laws be followed, I wouldn't be trying to do anything sneaky or unlawful.

Anyone know if that would be an issue?

Ruger_Super_Black_Hawk_44mag.jpg

Thanks!

I posted this is the PIF thread and will do the same here: pics of me healing...some are really gross

We have matching scars. I was under the knife for 6 hours, but I'm more or less at 100% and already back to work, though I'll have a hole on my midsection for the rest of my life (boo). Looks like your recovery is quite a bit more involved.

It also looks like they ran out of staples near the top :sick:

Glad you're doing well :applause:

Thanks!

I posted this is the PIF thread and will do the same here: pics of me healing...some are really gross

We have matching scars. I was under the knife for 6 hours, but I'm more or less at 100% and already back to work, though I'll have a hole on my midsection for the rest of my life (boo). Looks like your recovery is quite a bit more involved.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't know why they left so much space between the top staples.

What was your surgery for and how come you have to have the hole in your midsection forever? Feeding tube?

Thanks!

What was your surgery for and how come you have to have the hole in your midsection forever? Feeding tube?

Cancer has hounded me for 11 years :( . There are changes that will take some getting used to, but they don't appear to be nearly as big a deal as I was initially feared they would be, and certainly better than what would result from doing nothing. I'm one of the lucky ones.

Thanks!

Cancer has hounded me for 11 years :( . There are changes that will take some getting used to, but they don't appear to be nearly as big a deal as I was initially feared they would be, and certainly better than what would result from doing nothing. I'm one of the lucky ones.

So sorry to hear another boardie dealing with cancer (I started my journey 3 years ago - carcinoid colorectal). Funny thing (at least to me) was that this horrible surgery was due to another issue (esophageal achalasia).

On a different note, was the URL for the trading site ever disclosed?

:bump:

I think he had a poll a ways back to see if people wanted to use it and said if it got at least 15 votes then he'd open it up. Last time I looked at it, it had something around 8 yes votes. I assume that had something to do with not putting it out there, but otherwise I don't know anything else about it.

:bump:

I think he had a poll a ways back to see if people wanted to use it and said if it got at least 15 votes then he'd open it up. Last time I looked at it, it had something around 8 yes votes. I assume that had something to do with not putting it out there, but otherwise I don't know anything else about it.

Hey guys. The poll only shows 10 people. That might make it difficult to get any trading done.

But you are more than welcome to use the website. The advantage would be that all the books would be up at the same time and in a dedicated place that doesn't compete with regular sales for visibility.

The forum works the same way as this one does. I'll leave it up to you as to how you want to use it. You'll probably want to decide whether you want a dedicated thread for each person, or individual posts for each book. And if you come up with any guidelines or rules, I can sticky that to the top if you like. I would recommend registering under the same board name you have here to avoid confusion.

Here's the URL. Good luck!

The Comic Book Forum

Has there ever been discussion of some sort of a strike system for PIF? (shrug) Or in the alternative, if you offer something and it's not claimed - you can't offer it again? Just curious. Reverting back to the last offer is a great start and I don't want to be Debbie Downer - but what is preventing someone from constantly :takeit: and then offering up something that they had just offered up not long ago and went unclaimed? doh! It just stalls the PIF thread for 4 days. There should be a system in place where if you list items and they're not claimed:

1) You can't offer them again.

or

2) If your offerings go unclaimed on three separate occasions within a year, you can no long participate in PIF (or for a certain period of time).

Thoughts?