• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Dang I wish I had a bunch of Jack Kirby 'doodles'

Just to be clear here. You're not comparing yourself to Jack Kirby, are you?

;)

Nope

Just comparing the word 'doodles' used for fully drawn comic pages that were published.

Giving away full page works is cool but is it really hard to get books published?

Its damn near impossible. Unless you just pay to get em printed yourself-then you cant sell em. Having a book published and distributed by diamond is as hard as landing a movie role.

I don't know anything about your books but if you got them distributed by Diamond then congrats. The interior pages you gave out did look cool. I didn't have the same opinion on the pinups though but its cool since most others liked them. I'm not a big fan of dimple butts.
lol

So when is TGT going to go back to being about comic books and less about someone's free doodles? Its cool that he is doing that but its a distraction and might actually drive people away since thats all thats being talked about in that thread.

Whatever your intention was, this was poorly delivered. (shrug)

And no, one might not even like Kav’s artwork, but it’s not definitely a distraction, on the contrary it’s a cohesive factor for the scope of the Tree thread.

I don't know anything about your books but if you got them distributed by Diamond then congrats. The interior pages you gave out did look cool. I didn't have the same opinion on the pinups though but its cool since most others liked them. I'm not a big fan of dimple butts.
lol

Now I need a dictionary… :facepalm:

Yeah, it didn't take long for the PIF bottom feeders to jump ship and try taking advantage of the good boardies' generosity.

Is it just me, or do comments like this look insane considering his current offer in PIF, especially looking at what he threw the :takeit: sign on?

Yeah, it didn't take long for the PIF bottom feeders to jump ship and try taking advantage of the good boardies' generosity.

Is it just me, or do comments like this look insane considering his current offer in PIF, especially looking at what he threw the :takeit: sign on?

You sound a bit irritated. But don't fret. The rules state everyone gets 4 days. And ya just gots to play by the rules. :)

You sound a bit irritated. But don't fret. The rules state everyone gets 4 days. And ya just gots to play by the rules. :)

I agree, that's why I posted here rather than the PIF thread. Don't want to muck up that great thread you've been so critical of. Anyways, your offer will get taken or it won't. No big deal.

I agree, that's why I posted here rather than the PIF thread. Don't want to muck up that great thread you've been so critical of. Anyways, your offer will get taken or it won't. No big deal.

lol

It will be a slow weekend in the PIF

There's always the Giving Tree. :applause:

That thread is just so awesome. The generosity of everyone there, well almost everyone, is inspiring. :) I think I'll put up another RAK. :headbang:

I'm beginning to think you're purposely trying to stall the PIF thread. To prove some kind of inane point? Only TGT can have quality offers? You're out to PROVE that you're a doosh? I honestly just don't get it. hm

Strange.

That thread is just so awesome. The generosity of everyone there, well almost everyone, is inspiring. :) I think I'll put up another RAK. :headbang:

I'm beginning to think you're purposely trying to stall the PIF thread. To prove some kind of inane point? Only TGT can have quality offers? You're out to PROVE that you're a doosh? I honestly just don't get it. hm

Strange.

:whatev: I've changed it up 3 times in less than 2 days. Sorry you feel that way, but you don't have to be a doosh about it.

Strange.

:whatev: I've changed it up 3 times in less than 2 days. Sorry you feel that way, but you don't have to be a doosh about it.

Y'know, I've always disliked your posting style, especially as your hulksmash moniker or whatever it was. Then, in TGT thread you actually offered some extremely generous stuff and looked to generally contribute positively to the thread.

Maybe those cards and Hero Illustrated ashcans are awesome, I don't even know. The FF digest is actually kinda cool, I will admit. But it just doesn't seem commensurate with thunsicker's offer. And you'd been downing people in the PIF thread for their subpar offers for a while before TGT thread started.

Who knows? Maybe someone will see your offer and snag it. But your 'there's always the Giving Tree' comment seems to suggest that you're purposely stalling the thread. If you say you're not, though, I guess I'll go with that.

Strange.

Y'know, I've always disliked your posting style, especially as your hulksmash moniker or whatever it was. Then, in TGT thread you actually offered some extremely generous stuff and looked to generally contribute positively to the thread.

Maybe those cards and Hero Illustrated ashcans are awesome, I don't even know. The FF digest is actually kinda cool, I will admit. But it just doesn't seem commensurate with thunsicker's offer. And you'd been downing people in the PIF thread for their subpar offers for a while before TGT thread started.

Who knows? Maybe someone will see your offer and snag it. But your 'there's always the Giving Tree' comment seems to suggest that you're purposely stalling the thread. If you say you're not, though, I guess I'll go with that.

:o