• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Looking at my records I believe I have taken 5 PIFs (it seems like more though). 2 OA and 3 slabs. Hard to litter a sales thread with 5 things! I have obviously responded with 5 PIFs and know of at least 3 RAKs and 2 times I added on to a lingering option (which in hindsight may have been a mistake if I was facillitating donkeyness, tell the guy next time via PM if that is the case.) Yah Boboset, I am a donkey on the gravy train, huh?

I swore to myself that I would not defend myself here, but I guess I am more vain than I would like to be.

You only insta flipped 1 of your 5 PIF's and you only managed to deeply offend just one person, who happens to be one of the most generous and kind boardies here? (worship)

So you tried to insta flip Hokie's item. You had it for sale here using the exact same photo he used. You had it posted for sale here for only two days? Funny, two days seems to be a pretty average amount of time for a successful sales thread to run. Claiming "seconds thoughts" within minutes or even a few hours I can buy. But two days? Give me a break.

Nowhere did I call you a donkey or mention a gravy train. Find that statement. You can't as it doesn't exist.

I did say you insta flipped offers and for that you call me liar. I guess I should have said "offer" and left off the "s". doh!

sorry, I was wrong. I was mad last night and must have read it wrong. Sorry again. I never offered a PIF in a sales thread though. Never. Again Hokie traded me that item, and he instigated the trade. I traded the first PIF item I got, yes. Then I learned better and tried to improve.

I don't want it back. It was covered in donkey mess when I got it and it went out the same way. Its not valuable and not worth any hassle. I just want to point out that I was never going to bring it up again, you did. I only replied when I felt it was mis-characterized.

well, you brought it up yesterday. Seems we both felt mis-characterized.

This was the only reason I ever mentioned you by name Bird. You had myself, Swick, Guy and unfortunately the very person you took advantage by way of the PIF, Hokie, trying to salvage any remaining integrity in the PIF and this is what you post.

Why can't the people who have soured on PIF just let it go? Because THEY are ruining the PIF thread as much or more than the so-called donkeys. THEY are driving people away, like they have me. I honestly take back the statement I made in an earlier post, I don't give two what happened in the past here...if you were offended don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This was the only reason I ever mentioned you by name Bird. You had myself, Swick, Guy and unfortunately the very person you took advantage by way of the PIF, Hokie, trying to salvage any remaining integrity in the PIF and this is what you post.

Why can't the people who have soured on PIF just let it go? Because THEY are ruining the PIF thread as much or more than the so-called donkeys. THEY are driving people away, like they have me. I honestly take back the statement I made in an earlier post, I don't give two what happened in the past here...if you were offended don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Every single time PIF abuse comes up, there is always at least one person who VERY strongly fights against reform and discussion. Every single time it's a donkey and this time that donkey was you (now I've called you that).

again, Hokie was not taken advantage via a PIF. We traded.

I have tried to reform PIF myself and Harvey gave me some tips and we agreed I had no better ideas than what was working presently. I wasn't against reform, just the hate that was spewing in the name of community.

anyway, sorry if I wronged you through my statement about the donkey.

I don't want it back. It was covered in donkey mess when I got it and it went out the same way. Its not valuable and not worth any hassle. I just want to point out that I was never going to bring it up again, you did. I only replied when I felt it was mis-characterized.

Yep, it was a trade. One that even you characterized as a PIF Trade, but again that is my fault for misreading your intentions, not yours. Lesson learned. Why would I need to save a copy of the post? It's not that hard to find on here. You edited out the other comments, so that is why I can't post them. If I was saving things I would have a copy to post.

Sean - two of those PIFs were mine and whatever you did with them once they arrived was and is your business. I hadn't heard you traded away that first piece of art you claimed, but if you did, more power to you! I hope it helped you secure a piece you really love. Same with the books. I've made 3 PIF claims and are grateful for each and every one. They've all found homes in my collection and I truly appreciate those that offered them.

I will continue to try to participate in PIF and offer up what I can, whether it's books, art, etc. I hope those that have been wronged in the past will give those few of us that have ventured in a chance to get things back on the right track and don't look for a Donkey around every corner.

Yep, it was a trade. One that even you characterized as a PIF Trade, but again that is my fault for misreading your intentions, not yours. Lesson learned. Why would I need to save a copy of the post? It's not that hard to find on here. You edited out the other comments, so that is why I can't post them. If I was saving things I would have a copy to post.

I couldn't find it, thats why I assumed you saved it. I edited comments yes, but not in the last day or whatever. Not to hide anything either, but to convey the pieces were no longer for sale if someone stumbled upon the post.

[

still don't know what it is worth, I got GPA but haven't looked up the things I own too much. That is why I took it down from the sale, I don't need the money

Why did you post this a minute ago when clearly in your sales thread you posted the GPA and what percentage you are selling it below GPA? Which is it???

"$90 ASM 136 CGC 8.5 about 20% below 90 day GPA average"

Sean - two of those PIFs were mine and whatever you did with them once they arrived was and is your business. I hadn't heard you traded away that first piece of art you claimed, but if you did, more power to you! I hope it helped you secure a piece you really love. Same with the books. I've made 3 PIF claims and are grateful for each and every one. They've all found homes in my collection and I truly appreciate those that offered them.

I will continue to try to participate in PIF and offer up what I can, whether it's books, art, etc. I hope those that have been wronged in the past will give those few of us that have ventured in a chance to get things back on the right track and don't look for a Donkey around every corner.

Thanks Doc. I had seen you trying to sell that art and when you alerted me that is was in PIF I went over and got it because like you I was surprised no one was buying. It did help me get something nice, so thanks. I am on a trade journey and at the time was looking for stuff to trade up with. I stopped using PIF for that after that first piece when I saw others taken to task for it and let everyone know because it was a mistake in judgment, not something evil to hide. Same with taking down the slab I got from CAHokie; I say it could have been two days but don't really know how long it was up for.

Again, I am sorry for any mistakes I have made. They were not out of greed or malice, just ignorance of the culture. I am also sorry for jumping back in today! ;-) People will believe what they want, but I know what is in my heart and that is what matters.

If anyone wants to take this to the next level and meet up at a show let me know. I think we could have a beer (though I drink rarely, I drink when I drink) and understand each other far better in person. Boboset, techvoodoo, HarveySwick, anyone at all. It would be preferable on my end to having bad feelings linger.

I know what kind of answer to expect from some,and that is fine as well.

[

still don't know what it is worth, I got GPA but haven't looked up the things I own too much. That is why I took it down from the sale, I don't need the money

Why did you post this a minute ago when clearly in your sales thread you posted the GPA and what percentage you are selling it below GPA? Which is it???

"$90 ASM 136 CGC 8.5 about 20% below 90 day GPA average"

because my mind is a sieve and I cannot recall that at all. I know I priced it so I must have looked it up, but looking up the GPAs of my books got me sad so I put it out of my mind and stopped doing so.

As I said, I looked for my prices when spidrvacc inquired about one of the slabs but could not find an unedited post with that info. Again, which I why I figured you saved it because I looked hard and couldn't find it. I even looked at my test threads after you posted that and didn't see it. Obviously I am wrong again.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

Edit: I'm deleting my apology because your posts keep changing through edits.

^^

That is genuinely funny. I hope you do accept my apology because I do mean it. I even re-read it all today to make sure it was you but still messed it up.

I edit to try and better express myself.

despite my many mis-statements I feel better about this somehow. I may be an azz sometimes, maybe even often, but never tried to take advantage of PIF. Heck, I loved PIF for the last 6 months and was defending it in my own way as much as the rest.

And I agree, vaillant is so much more eloquent in a second language than I can ever be ni my first.

so wait, was it covered in donkey spoon when you got it

That was one of my favorite covers and was displayed in my own room until I sent it to you, in your own words, "to display."

or was it one of your favorite covers?

I do this not to call you out but to show we can all make statements that don't seem compatible.

so wait, was it covered in donkey spoon when you got it

That was one of my favorite covers and was displayed in my own room until I sent it to you, in your own words, "to display."

or was it one of your favorite covers?

I do this not to call you out but to show we can all make statements that don't seem compatible.

Oh, no worries, my memory is perfect. This is the book Meeklo screwed around with me on. Doesnt mean its not one of my favorite covers. That is why I claimed it in the first place a year ago and displayed it that whole time until i sent it forward to you. Again, you posted that GPA price immediately with the post and not later upon inquiry. Sometimes if you edit too much, its hard to remember what was said.

Oh, no worries, my memory is perfect. This is the book Meeklo screwed around with me on. Doesnt mean its not one of my favorite covers. That is why I claimed it in the first place a year ago and displayed it that whole time until i sent it forward to you. Again, you posted that GPA price immediately with the post and not later upon inquiry. Sometimes if you edit too much, its hard to remember what was said.

This new information certainly changes my perception of the trade we made. But it doesn't change my perception of you CAHokie. We were getting along well and developing a nice relationship in the past six months. I would hope you would grant me the same degree of leeway.

And of course I posted a price immediately; why offer things for sale without a price? I said that spidrvacc inquired later about one of the other slabs and I could not find the prices at that time, or even until now.

Again, if you cannot see what kind of person I am then so be it. Maybe I am a donkey in sheep's clothing and do not know it,but I honestly doubt it.

anyway...take care and be well.

one of the things I keep reading is this

"trying to be kept alive"

"has helped to keep alive"

"to help keep this going"

etc

maybe it's time to let this thing die

nothing-is-over-v3.gif

one of the things I keep reading is this

"trying to be kept alive"

"has helped to keep alive"

"to help keep this going"