• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

I have a thought about the following rule:

:rulez:

Trading Post Thread Rules At a Glance

Please keep the chit-chat to a minimum in this thread. Keeping track of the current active trade and trade offers will be difficult enough without the interference of excessive chatter, trolling, and shenanigans. If you want to discuss this thread please do so in the PIF/Trading Post Discussion Thread .

Since this thread is not stickied, doesnt the thread need some type of "chit-chat" to keep it on the first page? Threads are so active in CG, that the thread can easily fall to the third page+ if there are no comments beyond the initial trade offer. I don't feel that most of the comments have been "chatter, trolling, and shenanigans".

Thoughts?

That's a good point. If we could keep it on topic about the current items for trade or just the thread in general it would be good to keep it active. Keeping it on topic would be the hard part though :)

:popcorn:

How are the rims?

sweet! :banana:

Still waiting on those guys to give an apology, huh?

I know what it's like. Roy made some nonsense up about me and when I called him on it all he could muster was, "Maybe I used the wrong words :blahblah:". And then after all the posts by everyone saying nobody should be telling others what to post, he not only makes stuff up and tries to tell me what to post,............... he actually complains about my posting style now. :roflmao:

"It's too abrasive." :cry::eyeroll:

You can't make this stuff up. Ah well, he lives down to his reputation as he is posted about on other forums.

If you are the same guy DG went on about when you first joined then yeah, I think you're abrasive but I don't care. I just ignore you for the most part unless I'm directly involved in a conversation that you are involved in.

As far as people talking about me on other forums, I can't help it if people find me interesting.

:acclaim:

I have a thought about the following rule:

:rulez:

Trading Post Thread Rules At a Glance

Please keep the chit-chat to a minimum in this thread. Keeping track of the current active trade and trade offers will be difficult enough without the interference of excessive chatter, trolling, and shenanigans. If you want to discuss this thread please do so in the PIF/Trading Post Discussion Thread .

Since this thread is not stickied, doesnt the thread need some type of "chit-chat" to keep it on the first page? Threads are so active in CG, that the thread can easily fall to the third page+ if there are no comments beyond the initial trade offer. I don't feel that most of the comments have been "chatter, trolling, and shenanigans".

Thoughts?

That's a good point. If we could keep it on topic about the current items for trade or just the thread in general it would be good to keep it active. Keeping it on topic would be the hard part though :)

bf5243ddc3ba9845c10dd0c97171af85bcdecb124870fb35350122b8b6a172c7.jpg

I just posted a new trade - check it out!

Manicnerd posted in there that he was getting something ready to post (sorry mn). Do we want to allow claiming a "placeholder" for say 15-20 minutes or so when a new poster is up? That way if someone's post is lengthy they don't type everything out just to have someone beat them to it.

I thought about putting the placeholder post but figured I'd just take my chances - no need to apologize, your offer is way better than what I'll be posting...

My lame offer is saved as a text file in my dropbox folder so I'll be ready tomorrow (thumbs u

I have no problems with allowing a placeholder posts

So... I think only two transactions have happened in the trading post thread.

How many of us didn't want what was offered? How many thought they didn't have what the "trader" was looking for? I'm just curious as to why more trades aren't happening.

I would have made you an offer on the 40 & 101 if I were at my house (still recovering from surgeries at my parent's place). My wife doesn't want to touch my ASMs so I have no access to them until probably the end of next month.

I wanted to make CAHokie an offer but wasn't 100% sure about giving up my stuff :grin:

I think the offers have been great but my offers wouldn't measure up.

I was a little surprised my offer was passed over - I know no one would be super excited for the slab but thought "any asm" would have helped some. I dunno. 24 hours seems long when you have nothing to offer or don't want the offer but it seems like too little time when you want to get an offer together or when you're the "trader"...

I was honestly surprised not to get one offer for ASM 40 or ASM 101. Both are pretty popular books. My want list was pretty broad too. I don't see that trading thread working out.

I've been continually surprised at all the cool books that have garnered no offers. It's weird. There have been some really cool books offered up.

For what it's worth, the one thing I was interested in so far but didn't have time to put an offer together for was your... wait for it... lot of romance comics. I guess that would have been an upset, if some old romance stuff had traded instead of ASM keys.

I was honestly surprised not to get one offer for ASM 40 or ASM 101. Both are pretty popular books. My want list was pretty broad too. I don't see that trading thread working out.

I've been continually surprised at all the cool books that have garnered no offers. It's weird. There have been some really cool books offered up.

For what it's worth, the one thing I was interested in so far but didn't have time to put an offer together for was your... wait for it... lot of romance comics. I guess that would have been an upset, if some old romance stuff had traded instead of ASM keys.

Well they're still available and not going anywhere. Feel free to PM me something.

I imagine it's a little of each. I think matching up trades would take longer than 24 hours.

Here are some possibilities to consider:

1. What if we allowed TWO people to put up trades at the same time (or even THREE)?

2. What if we also then allowed 48 hours for return offers to be made?

Either item 1 OR 2 OR both could possibly be implemented? Just things that MIGHT make it more feasible.

Thoughts, any one?